- January 11: Takata Non-Azide Airbag Inflators Investigated by Government investigations | 11 days ago
- January 4: BMW Recalls 330i and 330i xDrive For Seat Belt Pretensioner Problems recalls | 18 days ago
- December 22: BMW N63 Engine Problems Cause Oil Consumption Lawsuit news | 31 days ago
- December 21: BMW Recalls M-Series Vehicles That Unexpectedly Shift Into NEUTRAL recalls | 32 days ago
- December 17: South Korea Finds 6 BMW Fires Were Unrelated to EGR Systems investigations | 36 days ago
BMW Recall : Driveshaft Slip-Joint May Not Have Been Greased
2016 BMW M3
If the slip-joint fails, there would be a loss of power to the rear axle and therefore the vehicle would stop moving, increasing the risk of a crash.
Power Train — Driveline — Driveshaft
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain model year 2015-2016 M3 Sedan vehicles manufactured May 30, 2015, to September 2, 2015, 2016 M4 Coupe vehicles manufactured July 3, 2015, to September 11, 2015, and 2015-2016 M4 Convertible vehicles manufactured May 29, 2015, to August 4, 2015. The affected vehicles have a driveshaft with a slip-joint that may not have been filled with grease. As a result, the slip-joint may fail over time.
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the driveshaft, replacing it as necessary, free of charge. The recall began on January 14, 2016. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
- Documents (18)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Subject: Updated Delivery Stop/Recall Checking Driveshaft Universal Joint Date: Thursday, November 19, 2015 6:01:48 PM
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Service Information Drive Shaft B26 01 15 November 2015 Technical Service
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Subject: Delivery Stop Checking Driveshaft Universal Joint Date: Friday, November 13, 2015 7:17:40 PM
- SAFETY RECALL NOTICE To: All Center Operators, Sales Managers, Service Manager, Parts Manager and Warranty Processor RE: Recall Campaign 15V-xxx: Checking Driveshaft Universal Joint B26 01 15
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Service Information November 2015 Drive Shaft B26 01 15 Technical Service
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - SI B26 01 15 Driveshaft December 2015 Technical Service
- SAFETY RECALL NOTICE
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Stop Sale Reminder
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report# 4 - 2016-Q4
Click a tab for more information.