- October 30: Recall: BMW M3 and M4 Cars Need New Driveshafts recalls | 15 days ago
- October 23: BMW Recalls Vehicles With Upper Control Arms That May Break recalls | 22 days ago
- October 23: BMW EGR Cooler Recall Issued for 1.6 Million Vehicles recalls | 22 days ago
- October 22: Adaptive Driving Beam Headlights Coming to U.S. Roads news | 23 days ago
- October 15: BMW TurboCord Charger Recall Issued For 3,500 Vehicles recalls | 30 days ago
BMW Recall : Incorrect Coating On Battery Positive Cables
2014 BMW X1
The high resistance may result in loss of the cable's electrical connection, possibly causing an engine stall and preventing the vehicle from restarting, increasing the risk of a crash.
Electrical System — Battery — Cables
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2014 X1 sDrive28i, X1 xDrive28i and X1 xDrive35i vehicles. The affected vehicles may have battery positive (B+) cables that develop high resistance in the connections to the fuse box.
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will replace the B+ cable connector with one that is silver coated and better secure it to the fuse box, free of charge. The recall began April 3, 2017. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
- Documents (8)
Click a tab for more information.