- October 21: BMW Recalls 4,000 Vehicles To Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 2 days ago
- October 14: Recall: 2020 Toyota Supra Cars May Be Replaced recalls | 9 days ago
- October 10: Recall: BMW Tells Owners To Park Their X3 and X4 Vehicles recalls | 13 days ago
- October 10: BMW Recalls 257,000 Vehicles For Backup Camera Problems recalls | 13 days ago
- September 15: MINI Coopers Recalled To Install Missing Crash Pads recalls | 38 days ago
BMW Recall : Incorrect Coating On Battery Positive Cables
2014 BMW X1
The high resistance may result in loss of the cable's electrical connection, possibly causing an engine stall and preventing the vehicle from restarting, increasing the risk of a crash.
Electrical System — Battery — Cables
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2014 X1 sDrive28i, X1 xDrive28i and X1 xDrive35i vehicles. The affected vehicles may have battery positive (B+) cables that develop high resistance in the connections to the fuse box.
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will replace the B+ cable connector with one that is silver coated and better secure it to the fuse box, free of charge. The recall began April 3, 2017. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
- Documents (8)
Click a tab for more information.