- September 20: European Commission Investigates BMW, Daimler and VW news | 4 days ago
- September 18: MINI Cooper Recalls Countryman For Missing Crash Plates recalls | 6 days ago
- September 3: BMW To Pay Germany Millions For Using Wrong Software news | 21 days ago
- August 22: BMW Emissions Lawsuit Is Without Facts, Says BMW news | 33 days ago
- August 15: BMW Recalls M5 Cars For Incorrect Fuel Gauges recalls | 40 days ago
BMW Recall : Front Passenger Seat Occupant Detection Mat Defect
2008 BMW X3
Should the system fail, in the event of a crash, the front passenger air bag would be deactivated, increasing the risk of personal injury.
Air Bags — Occupant Classification System - Ocs (Front Passenger)
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2006-2010 BMW X3 2.5i, X3 3.0i and X3 xDrive30i Sports Activity Vehicles. The front passenger seat occupant detection mat that determines if, and how, the passenger frontal air bag should deploy in a crash may fatigue and develop cracks which could lead to a system failure.
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will replace the front passenger seat occupant detection mat, free of charge. The recall began June 18, 2018. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
- Documents (5)
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Subject: Recall 17V-XXX: Front Passenger Air Bag Seat Occupancy Sensor Mat Date: Wednesday, September 27, 2017
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Miscellaneous Document - RECALL 17V-605: FRONT PASSENGER AIR BAG SEAT OCCUPANCY SENSOR MAT
Click a tab for more information.