- August 15: BMW Recalls M5 Cars For Incorrect Fuel Gauges recalls | 7 days ago
- August 8: Active Lane-Keeping and Adaptive Cruise Control Systems Tested news | 14 days ago
- July 27: BMW Recalls X3 and X4 Vehicles For Brake Problems recalls | 26 days ago
- July 27: BMW Recalls X5 and X6 Vehicles With Faulty Control Arm Bolts recalls | 26 days ago
- July 23: BMW Hacked Through Infotainment Systems news | 30 days ago
BMW Recall : Front Passenger Seat Occupant Detection Mat Defect
2009 BMW X3
Should the system fail, in the event of a crash, the front passenger air bag would be deactivated, increasing the risk of personal injury.
Air Bags — Occupant Classification System - Ocs (Front Passenger)
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2006-2010 BMW X3 2.5i, X3 3.0i and X3 xDrive30i Sports Activity Vehicles. The front passenger seat occupant detection mat that determines if, and how, the passenger frontal air bag should deploy in a crash may fatigue and develop cracks which could lead to a system failure.
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will replace the front passenger seat occupant detection mat, free of charge. The recall began June 18, 2018. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
- Documents (5)
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Subject: Recall 17V-XXX: Front Passenger Air Bag Seat Occupancy Sensor Mat Date: Wednesday, September 27, 2017
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Miscellaneous Document - RECALL 17V-605: FRONT PASSENGER AIR BAG SEAT OCCUPANCY SENSOR MAT
Click a tab for more information.