- January 19: BMW Korea Fined $13 Million, 6 Officials Ordered to Prison news | 4 days ago
- January 7: BMW Fire Class-Action Lawsuit Filed After Recalls news | 16 days ago
- December 29: BMW Fires Earn Automaker $10 Million Fine news | 25 days ago
- December 12: Feds Close BMW X5 xDrive35d Idler Pulley Bolt Investigation investigations | 42 days ago
- November 25: BMW Oil Consumption Class-Action Lawsuit Includes N63 Engines news | 59 days ago
BMW Recall : Front Passenger Seat Occupant Detection Mat Defect
2009 BMW X3
Should the system fail, in the event of a crash, the front passenger air bag would be deactivated, increasing the risk of personal injury.
Air Bags — Occupant Classification System - Ocs (Front Passenger)
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2006-2010 BMW X3 2.5i, X3 3.0i and X3 xDrive30i Sports Activity Vehicles. The front passenger seat occupant detection mat that determines if, and how, the passenger frontal air bag should deploy in a crash may fatigue and develop cracks which could lead to a system failure.
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will replace the front passenger seat occupant detection mat, free of charge. Interim owner notification letters were mailed on November 27, 2017. A second notification letter will be sent when parts are available. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
- Documents (5)
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Subject: Recall 17V-XXX: Front Passenger Air Bag Seat Occupancy Sensor Mat Date: Wednesday, September 27, 2017
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Miscellaneous Document - RECALL 17V-605: FRONT PASSENGER AIR BAG SEAT OCCUPANCY SENSOR MAT
Click a tab for more information.