- June 12: BMW X5 xDrive35d Recalled (Again) Over Idler Pulley Bolts recalls | 7 days ago
- June 10: BMW Recalls M5 Cars Over Fuel Pump Failures recalls | 9 days ago
- June 6: BMW Recalls 335d Over Battery Cable Problems recalls | 13 days ago
- May 20: Woman Says BMW Soft-Close Door Smashed Her Thumb news | 30 days ago
- May 5: BMW N63 Class-Action Lawsuit May Soon Be Settled news | 45 days ago
BMW Recall : Front Passenger Seat Occupant Detection Mat Defect
2009 BMW X3
Should the system fail, in the event of a crash, the front passenger air bag would be deactivated, increasing the risk of personal injury.
Air Bags — Occupant Classification System - Ocs (Front Passenger)
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2006-2010 BMW X3 2.5i, X3 3.0i and X3 xDrive30i Sports Activity Vehicles. The front passenger seat occupant detection mat that determines if, and how, the passenger frontal air bag should deploy in a crash may fatigue and develop cracks which could lead to a system failure.
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will replace the front passenger seat occupant detection mat, free of charge. Interim notices informing owners of the safety risk are expected to be mailed November 20, 2017. Owners will receive a second notice when the remedy becomes available. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
- Documents (5)
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Subject: Recall 17V-XXX: Front Passenger Air Bag Seat Occupancy Sensor Mat Date: Wednesday, September 27, 2017
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Miscellaneous Document - RECALL 17V-605: FRONT PASSENGER AIR BAG SEAT OCCUPANCY SENSOR MAT
Click a tab for more information.