- April 18: BMW PCV Valve Heater Recall Expanded For Fire Risk recalls | 6 days ago
- April 14: Takata Airbag Recall Loaner Car Policies Lacking news | 10 days ago
- April 9: BMW, Daimler and VW Broke Antitrust Laws: EU news | 15 days ago
- April 5: BMW X7 Recall Issued To Tighten Seat Bolts recalls | 19 days ago
- March 27: BMW X5 Recall Needed Because Bolts May Be Loose recalls | 28 days ago
BMW Recall : Front Passenger Seat Occupant Detection Mat Defect
2010 BMW X3
Should the system fail, in the event of a crash, the front passenger air bag would be deactivated, increasing the risk of personal injury.
Air Bags — Occupant Classification System - Ocs (Front Passenger)
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2006-2010 BMW X3 2.5i, X3 3.0i and X3 xDrive30i Sports Activity Vehicles. The front passenger seat occupant detection mat that determines if, and how, the passenger frontal air bag should deploy in a crash may fatigue and develop cracks which could lead to a system failure.
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will replace the front passenger seat occupant detection mat, free of charge. Interim owner notification letters were mailed on November 27, 2017. A second notification letter will be sent when parts are available. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
- Documents (5)
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Subject: Recall 17V-XXX: Front Passenger Air Bag Seat Occupancy Sensor Mat Date: Wednesday, September 27, 2017
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Miscellaneous Document - RECALL 17V-605: FRONT PASSENGER AIR BAG SEAT OCCUPANCY SENSOR MAT
Click a tab for more information.