- October 30: Recall: BMW M3 and M4 Cars Need New Driveshafts recalls | 21 days ago
- October 23: BMW Recalls Vehicles With Upper Control Arms That May Break recalls | 28 days ago
- October 23: BMW EGR Cooler Recall Issued for 1.6 Million Vehicles recalls | 28 days ago
- October 22: Adaptive Driving Beam Headlights Coming to U.S. Roads news | 29 days ago
- October 15: BMW TurboCord Charger Recall Issued For 3,500 Vehicles recalls | 36 days ago
BMW Recall : Incorrectly Welded Driver Air Bag Inflator
2012 BMW X3
In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the driver's frontal air bag, the inflator housing could separate from the base plate and result in metal striking the vehicle occupants, potentially resulting in serious injury or death.
Air Bags — Frontal — Driver Side Inflator Module
- BMW of North America, LLC. (BMW) is recalling certain 2012-2013 BMW X3 xDrive28i, X3 xDrive35i, and M6 Convertible vehicles and 2013 M6 Coupe vehicles. The affected vehicles have a driver's frontal air bag inflator that may have been improperly welded.
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver's front air bag module, free of charge. The recall began October 6, 2017. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
- Documents (11)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 4
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 3
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - September 2017
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Subject: Recall 17V-495: Replace Driver s Air Bag Module (PSDI-X) Date: Wednesday, August 16, 2017
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.