ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

2006 BMW X5 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW X5:

2006 BMW X5 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

May 152010

X5

We own a 2006 BMW X5. Within the last week when the driver's seat warmer was turned on, the left side of he seat heated up almost instantly, and burns the left thigh and buttocks area of the driver. My husband received a 3 inch burn on May 15,2010. Five days prior to this I was aware that an area of the driver's seat was burning me, and I immediately turned the warmer off. The warranty expired on our car in December.

- Fremont, CA, USA

Apr 072009

X5

The contact owns a 2006 BMW X5. While driving approximately 60 mph on normal road conditions, the passenger seat occupancy sensor and air bag warning indicators illuminated on the instrument panel. The indicators remained illuminated until the engine was turned off. In addition, the seat belt system chime sensor was inoperative. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for diagnostic testing and the technician stated that the failure was contributed to the passenger seat sensor. The vehicle has not been repaired. The manufacturer has been notified of the malfunctions. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was 66,000 and current mileage was 67,000.

- Upper Marlboro, MD, USA

Jan 062009

X5

I've recently (less than 24 hours ago), purchased a 2006 BMW X5 with heated seats. Just this morning on my way to work, with the outside temperature less than 30F, I turn on the heated seats to the number II position and after about 5 minutes, I start seeing smoke/steam rising up from my pelvic area. I could smell it was almost like plastic burning. I turned off the heated seats and pulled over immediately and after inspection, the lower seat left side bolster had a burn mark in it. I couldn't believe it. Although the car comes with only a 90day/3000 mile powertrain warranty from the purchasing dealer, I have not yet contacted them about it but I certainly plan to but with the expectation that they will deny coverage for any repairs.

- Easton, PA, USA

Nov 192008

X5

The contact owns a 2006 BMW X5. The contact stated that the electric seat heater on the driver's side caught fire. While at a stop light, he noticed that the seat was smoking and his leg was burned. The seat heater was activated prior to noticing the failure. He took the vehicle to the dealer, where it currently remains. The manufacturer stated that they were aware of the issue; however, the failure was a result of the risk of having seat heaters. They also stated that they would repair the vehicle for free. The current and failure mileages were approximately 27,000.

- Port Washington, NY, USA