- August 2: BMW Recalls X5 and X7 Vehicles With Loose Wheel Bolts recalls | 22 days ago
- July 28: BMW Oil Consumption Lawsuit Filed Too Late news | 27 days ago
- July 5: BMW Diesel Emissions Lawsuit Dismissed news | 50 days ago
- June 16: BMW Recalls X7s For Head Airbag Problems recalls | 69 days ago
BMW Recall : Passenger Frontal Air Bag Inflator May Explode
2014 BMW X6
An inflator explosion may result in sharp metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death.
Air Bags — Passenger Side Frontal
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2007-2013 X5 xDrive30i, X5 xDrive35i, X5 xDrive48i, X5 xDrive50i and X5 M vehicles, 2008-2014 X6 xDrive35i, X6 xDrive50i and X6 M vehicles, 2009-2013 X5 xDrive35d vehicles and 2010-2011 X6 ActiveHybrid vehicles. These vehicles are equipped with certain air bag inflators assembled as part of the passenger frontal air bag modules used as original equipment or replacement equipment. In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the passenger frontal air bag, these inflators may explode due to propellant degradation occurring after long-term exposure to absolute humidity and temperature cycling.
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will replace the passenger frontal air bag module, free of charge. The recall began March 14, 2019. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
Click a tab for more information.