- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 2 days ago
- March 6: BMW Recalls 183,000 Vehicles For Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 18 days ago
- February 12: BMW X5 Comfort Access Class Action Settlement Proposed news | 40 days ago
- February 10: Electric Car Range Decreases in Cold Temps news | 42 days ago
- January 19: BMW Korea Fined $13 Million, 6 Officials Ordered to Prison news | 64 days ago
BMW Recall : Passenger Frontal Air Bag Inflator May Explode
2014 BMW X6
An inflator explosion may result in sharp metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death.
Air Bags — Passenger Side Frontal
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2007-2013 X5 xDrive30i, X5 xDrive35i, X5 xDrive48i, X5 xDrive50i and X5 M vehicles, 2008-2014 X6 xDrive35i, X6 xDrive50i and X6 M vehicles, 2009-2013 X5 xDrive35d vehicles and 2010-2011 X6 ActiveHybrid vehicles. These vehicles are equipped with certain air bag inflators assembled as part of the passenger frontal air bag modules used as original equipment or replacement equipment. In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the passenger frontal air bag, these inflators may explode due to propellant degradation occurring after long-term exposure to absolute humidity and temperature cycling.
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will replace the passenger frontal air bag module, free of charge. The recall began March 14, 2019. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
Click a tab for more information.