2017 Buick Encore accessories - exterior NHTSA complaints: Visibility/Wiper

NHTSA — Visibility/Wiper Problems

2017 Buick Encore accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Buick Encore:

2017 Buick Encore Owner Comments

Jul 162018

Encore

Don¿T excel unsafe belts need to be inspected.

- Trenton, NJ, USA

Aug 262018

Encore

5 month after I had bought the car I was going 35 mph down a regular street when the car stop then when I want to move again the accelerator but then the car came to a complete stop where the engine had smoke coming out of it. The dealer said that there was a big hole in the engine. After they repair it no more than two weeks later I was going down a road where the car just turned off and it did not even let me move out of the road way. And now 3 weeks ago I was going down a street going 45 mph when the person in front of me stopped all of a sudden and I hit my brake so hard but they had not responded which led me to crash in front of the person in front of me. Luckily neither of us were injured but now for sure I know I do not feel safe driving any of General Motors cars whether is be Buick or GMC.

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

Apr 192018

Encore 4-cyl

The wiper blades failed to work during a wet heavy snow fall. The wipers removed the snow very well on the up stroke but on the down stroke the wipers packed the snow on the cowling until it got to a point that the wipers could not complete the cycle and they would stop working. I have a video using a bath towel to simulate snow and how to stopped the blades from working. The video is too large to send it in the space provided but I am sure it will send via E mail. I also have notes written in real time on all conversations with Buick/GM and two dealerships. I also have a letter and a condemning E mail from Buick/GM and these put me over the allotted characters.

- Port Washington, WI, USA