Buick Recall 17275: Headliner Missing Foam Blocks/FMVSS 201
2017 Buick Envision
If the service parts do not have energy-absorbing foam blocks, there may be an increased risk of occupant injury in the event of a crash.
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2016-2017 Buick Envision vehicles. The affected vehicles received a replacement headliner as part of a repair. These service parts might not have had impact energy-absorbing foam blocks attached. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 201, "Occupant protection in interior impact."
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the headliner assembly, free of charge. The recall began on July 28, 2017. Owners may contact Buick customer service at 1-800-521-7300. GM's number for this recall is 17275.
- Documents (10)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Non-Compliance 573 Report/FMVSS 201
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: July 28, 2017 Subject: 17275 01 – Noncompliance Recall Service Headliner Missing Part of Assembly Components Customer Letter Added
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: June 29, 2017 Subject: Stop Delivery Order for Upcoming Noncompliance Recall 17275 For Vehicles With a Replacement Service Headliner
- Safety Bulletin - Reference Number: N172102070 Release Date: July 2017 Revision: 01
- Safety Bulletin - Reference Number: N172102070 Release Date: July 2017
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-4
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: July 12, 2017 Subject: 17275 - Noncompliance Recall
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - 17275 FedEx Owner Letter 28Jul2017
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-3
Click a tab for more information.