ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

2011 Buick LaCrosse engine problems: engine falure

Engine Falure

6.0

$6,000

1. replace engine (2 reports)
2011 Buick LaCrosse engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Buick LaCrosse:

2011 Buick LaCrosse Owner Comments

Apr 072018

LaCrosse 2.4L V4

I was driving and suddenly car stop accelerating, it was scary situation driving 60 mph and suddenly cant do anything hopefully I was driving right lane and stop on right side, then could not start engine so called tow service to dealer. Next day dealer called me that engine failed and need new engine cost $9000. Never buying Buick or any Chevy car. No wonder people buy Toyota or Honda car.

- Dhrumit S., Lynchburg, VA, US

May 122017

LaCrosse CXL

Car simply stopped running while exiting the highway, route 680. Had it towed to the Buick agency who replaced the battery, since they couldn't start it, in order to test it. That cost me an additional $361.77. They contacted me the next day to inform me that I needed a new engine... for $9000.00!!!! Apparently, a seal had "worn" away which caused a rod to destroy the engine. I had the car towed to a friend of a friend who replace the engine for about $6000.00.

My Buick was kept in excellent condition. Nevertheless, it cost me over $7000.00 to keep the car going. Why? Because of a faulty seal. I say that because I always checked the oil, and it was always full.

My story is very similar to one other unfortunate soul on this website. And...like him, since we still owe money on the car, and we are both retired on fixed income, it was best to replace the engine, severely decrease our savings, and do without.

I can tell you this, there will never be another GM car our my future.

I contacted he dealer, and they stated that since the car was out of warranty, they would not do anything.

Not sure what to do next.

- manin, Clayton, CA, US