NHTSA — Equipment Problems

4.1

2000 Buick LeSabre accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Buick LeSabre:

2000 Buick LeSabre Owner Comments

Oct 082017

LeSabre

Cpsc: Progressive passport device plugged in odbc reader for 2000 Buick Lesabre. Power cut off from car and battery light went on while driving at about 25 mph. The consumer stated the manufacturer was notified.

- Nazareth, PA, USA

Sep 042008

LeSabre

I have a 2000 Buick Lesabre and the rear window regulators were made poorly and the plastic that holds the cable in broke, so far on both back doors. This should be a recall item since so many people have this problem. The dealer wants over $400 to repair that would be over $800 and they will break again in time due to poor construction. I have a part ordered for one, and will have to repair the other when I can afford it. One broke on the 4th of Sept and the other went the next day. After going online I found that this is a big problem for Buick owners. I am the 2nd owner and it looks like the left side is newer by the looks of the plastic gear that the cable rolls around in the motor, so this could be the 2nd time it is replaced.

- Visalia, CA, USA

Sep 302004

LeSabre 6-cyl

I am on my 6th window assembly replacement. Why would they want to keep putting the same defective parts back into your car? the last one I had to pay for at $400. The other 4 were under warranty, the first at 17,000. Now, I am going to not have this one repaired as I cannot afford it. Guess when it's 125 degrees in my car in the summer I'll just have to open all the doors to cool it off! can't put the windows down!

- Livingston, TX, USA