- August 18: GM Hydra-Matic Transmission Lawsuit Filed in Michigan news | 6 days ago
- June 25: GM Takata Petition Says No Airbag Recall Is Necessary news | 60 days ago
- June 21: GM Hard Brake Pedals Investigated in Canada and U.S. investigations | 64 days ago
- June 20: GM 8-Speed Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 65 days ago
- June 19: Chevy Shake Class Action Lawsuit Is 'Overreach,' Argues GM news | 66 days ago
Cadillac Recall 18228: Excess Adhesive On Child Seat Anchor/FMVSS 225
2016 Cadillac CT6
If the child seat cannot be attached correctly to the anchorage bar, there is an increased the risk of injury.
Seats — Mid/Rear Assembly
Child Seat — Vehicle Latch Anchor
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2016-2018 Cadillac CT6 vehicles. The inboard child seat anchorage bars may have had excess structural adhesive applied during assembly, which can interfere with the installation of a child seat. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 225, "Child Restraint Anchorage Systems."
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will inspect, remove any excess adhesive, and apply anti-corrosion primer to the inboard child seat anchorage bars, free of charge. The recall began August 3, 2018. Owners may contact Cadillac customer service at 1-800-458-8006. GM's number for this recall is 18228.
Click a tab for more information.