- March 13: GM Recalls Chevy and Cadillac Vehicles For Power Steering Problems recalls | 7 days ago
- February 19: Cadillac XTS Recalled For Seat Belt Buckle Problems recalls | 29 days ago
- February 7: Cadillac XLR Roof Problems Investigated by Feds investigations | 41 days ago
- December 24: GM 8-Speed Transmission Fix Useless, Claims Lawsuit news | 86 days ago
Cadillac Recall 18315: Rear Seatbelt Retractor May Not Lock/FMVSS 208
2018 Cadillac CT6
If the child seat is not properly secured in the event of a crash, it can increase the risk of injury.
Seat Belts — Rear
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2018-2019 Cadillac CT6, Escalade ESV, Chevrolet Suburban, Volt, and GMC Yukon XL vehicles. Certain second-row or third-row rear seatbelts retractor assemblies may not automatically lock when the seatbelt is fully pulled out of the retractor, possibly preventing a child seat from being properly secured. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 208, "Occupant Crash Protection."
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the rear seatbelt retractors and replace them if necessary, free of charge. The recall began November 7, 2018. Owners may contact Cadillac customer service at 1-800-458-8006, Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020 or GMC customer service at 1-800-462-8782. GM's number for this recall is 18315.
Click a tab for more information.