- October 16: GM Recalls Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles Over Child Seat Issues recalls | 3 days ago
- October 10: GM Brake Vacuum Pump Failures Lead to Lawsuit news | 9 days ago
- September 30: Cadillac CTS Heated Seats Cause Recall After Car Catches Fire recalls | 19 days ago
- September 13: GM Recalls 1 Million Trucks and SUVs For Power Steering Problems recalls | 36 days ago
- September 12: GM Recalls 230,000 Vehicles For Brake Caliper Pistons recalls | 37 days ago
Cadillac Recall : GM/FMVSS 219
1998 Cadillac DeVille
In the event of a vehicle crash, the hood could be pushed back through the windshield glass possibly injuring the vehicle occupants.
Structure — Body — Hood — Hinge And Attachments
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles. These vehicles were built with hood hinge pivot bolts which can break due to an improper heat treat condition. This does not comply with the requirements of FMVSS no. 219, "windshield zone intrusion." A broken bolt can cause either the corner of the hood near the windshield to raise, or one side of the hood to be unstable when opened.
- Dealers will replace the hood hinge pivot bolts.
Click a tab for more information.