- March 15: Chevy and GMC Air Conditioning Problems Target of Lawsuit news | 42 days ago
- March 8: GM Will Pay Certain Arizona Customers 6.28 Million news | 49 days ago
- February 25: Rear Crash Test Ratings Show Prevention Systems Work news | 60 days ago
- February 19: GM Cracked Dash Lawsuit Includes SUVs and Trucks news | 66 days ago
- February 8: GM Wants Out of Recall of 6.8 Million Trucks and SUVs news | 77 days ago
Cadillac Recall : GM/FMVSS 219
1998 Cadillac DeVille
In the event of a vehicle crash, the hood could be pushed back through the windshield glass possibly injuring the vehicle occupants.
Structure — Body — Hood — Hinge And Attachments
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles. These vehicles were built with hood hinge pivot bolts which can break due to an improper heat treat condition. This does not comply with the requirements of FMVSS no. 219, "windshield zone intrusion." A broken bolt can cause either the corner of the hood near the windshield to raise, or one side of the hood to be unstable when opened.
- Dealers will replace the hood hinge pivot bolts.
Click a tab for more information.