- August 18: GM Hydra-Matic Transmission Lawsuit Filed in Michigan news | 6 days ago
- June 25: GM Takata Petition Says No Airbag Recall Is Necessary news | 60 days ago
- June 21: GM Hard Brake Pedals Investigated in Canada and U.S. investigations | 64 days ago
- June 20: GM 8-Speed Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 65 days ago
- June 19: Chevy Shake Class Action Lawsuit Is 'Overreach,' Argues GM news | 66 days ago
Cadillac Recall 18289: Temporary Loss Of Electric Power Steering (EPS)
2015 Cadillac Escalade
If EPS assist is lost and then suddenly returns, the driver may have difficulty steering the vehicle, especially at low speeds, increasing the risk of a crash.
Steering — Electric Power Assist System
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, Tahoe and Suburban, GMC Sierra 1500 and Yukon, and Cadillac Escalade vehicles. Electric power steering (EPS) assist may be lost momentarily, followed by a sudden return of EPS assist.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will update the EPS module software, free of charge. The recall began October 12, 2018. Owners may contact Cadillac customer service at 1-800-458-8006, Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020 and GMC customer service at 1-800-462-8782. GM's number for this recall is 18289.
Click a tab for more information.