9.2

$1,000

2. replace headlight assemblies (4 reports)
  3. replace headlights (2 reports)
2012 Cadillac SRX lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Cadillac SRX:

2012 Cadillac SRX Owner Comments

Aug 012018

SRX Premium 3.2 v6

Wife has driven a Cadillac since mid 80's as did her father from the 60's until 2014 and always enjoyed the comfort and support if any issues. Her 2012 SRX got to when driving at night I actually questions if the headlights were on and got out to see. A month later got stopped one night by a highway patrol to tell me her headlights seemed to be to dim and suggested for us to get off the road.

I talked to others with 2011-2015 SRX and found everyone was experiencing similar concerns with their lights...Really makes the bright lights seem great. Called our local dealership and even the Cadillac rep and I was made to feel like my car was an isolated problem.

Cadillac responding to me when I had talked to others and seen complaints on line made me lose faith in Cadillac and GM.

My father as well as my father in law both fought in WWII against the Germans and the Japanese and although both have passed now they would not buy anything from either country and I guess out of respect for their desires have stuck with their principles. But now with GM basically lying about there are no issues, I will not hesitate to look at Acura, BMW, Lexus etc....

- Erskine J., Clinton, US

Apr 052018

SRX LUX 3.6L

Cannot drive at night, low beams are so dim. Replaced at my expense, high-tech LED low beam, no help. Installed fog lights, at my expense, no help. Researched on internet and evidently this is a problem that should have been fixed by the factory. I do not understand, does someone have to get killed to get this problem fixed?????

- jrstables2, Camden, US

Jun 012014

SRX

Originally this car was my sister's and she purchased it in Florida - two years later headlights were EXTREMELY DIM. She didn't do much driving at night, so she ignored it. In 2016, my sister and I traded vehicles because her vehicle didn't have all wheel drive when she moved to Scranton, PA. Anyway, I could not deal with this issue any longer because it was light having candles for highlights and I could not see.

In October 2018 I took the car to the Cadillac dealer to replace bulbs for $165 and there was absolutely NO improvement, and the dealership had the audacity to say they were a little brighter. We spoke about replacing the headlight assemblies at a cost of $2,000 plus labor and NO guarantee this would correct the situation!!

I researched this online and found many complaints about dim highlights and folks spending tons of money on OEM bulb and assembly replacements to NO avail. I wasn't about to risk spending so much money for nothing. This is CORPORATE AMERICA not doing the right thing. GM knows about this and won't do anything about it until the National Insurance Institute Highway Safety makes them.

Shame on GM! People pay a ton of money for these cars and this is what they have to deal with. Anyway, I went to Audio Works in Newark, DE who replaced with TYC headlight assemblies and fitted with Putco Silver Lux Pro LED for the low beams/Fog lights for half the cost. EXTREMELY HAPPY THAT I CAN SEE AT NIGHT WITH SUCH CLARITY AND BRIGHTNESS

- Beryl M., Alloway, NJ, US

Dec 202018

SRX 3.2L V6

Same issue as I’ve seen others report. Low-beam headlights are very dim, making it very difficult to drive at night. High beam lights can be used but pose a problem to on-coming drivers. Researching repair options, but no confidence that repairs will be cost effective or eliminate the problem.

- Jim W., Charleston, US

Dec 002000

SRX

click to see larger images

low beams very dim low beams very dim

Headlights began to dull and then condensation developed in the left headlight. I spent $800.00 at the dealership to replace them and now the other side is extremely dull. I tried to just change lightbulb however they could not do that. This is an extremely dangerous situation and involves too many people for it not to be a recall.

- Kathleen S., Key Largo, US

May 102016

SRX Luxery 3.6L

Low beam headlights have sucked since we bought this car used in 2015 with 38,000 miles on it. Talked to dealer a number of times with no satisfaction. We were told to replace headlamps but that is only temporary. I also tried brighter bulbs which helped a little but still can't see at night. There just doesn't seem to be a final fix for this problem. We are considering trading it in because it is unsafe to drive at night.

- Mark R., Grant, FL, US

Oct 062018

SRX Luxury 3.5L

LOW BEAMS ARE SO DIM CAN'T SEE ROAD. HAVE HAD BULBS CHANGED BUT DID NOT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE. GM NEEDS TO FIX THIS PROBLEM! DON'T THINK I WANT ANOTHER SRX!

- Trula S., Douglas, US

May 132018

SRX

I cannot drive this car at night because you cannot see the road and you are putting your life and the lives of other drivers at risk. When I am forced to drive at night, I use my high beams which is again, not safe for the other drivers. GM is aware that this is a safety issue but will not do anything to fix the problem. I have spoken with 3 different reps and they do not care.

- Lindy H., Wadsworth, OH, US

Mar 022017

SRX LS V8

There is a dim headlights problem with the 2012 CADILLAC SRX. We brought it into the dealer for service while the vehicle was still under warranty. At that time We were told that they would change the light bulbs. This did nothing to fix the problem. We let them know that this did not fix the problem. They told us that was all they could do. We began to research the problem and found that this is a known problem with model years 2010-2015.

It seems that GM and GM Dealers have chosen to ignore this known problem. Many have been quoted $1800 or more to replace the headlight assemblies. I recently had a local body shop look at my headlight assemblies. There is moisture in both of the assemblies, picture submitted of broken headlight bulb. The tech stated that this is causing a deterioration of the lens from the inside which is defusing the light as it tries to pass through. He stated that he has seen this problem on other Model SRXs. I am hoping that by submitting this complaint more owners will join me in getting the attention of GM and GM dealers to offer a solution.

- Eddie B., Franklin, US

Jul 032017

SRX LX

The low beams don't reflect on the road. It is very hard to drive at night. I don't now. I asked GM about a recall they said no because it is not a reported issue. The dealer, Dimmitt Cadillac in Clearwater Florida, said not their problem take it up with GM. I am taking it in to them for validation of the problem. They are going to open a case with GM but could take some time to get resolution. In the meantime, I can't drive my car at night.

It is funny the dealer said not their problem but sold me this "wonderful" product. How can they not feel responsibility? I guess injury must occur before anyone listens, sad.

- Julie N., Dunedin, FL, US

Aug 132014

SRX 3.6 3.6L

Cannot understand why there's not a recall on these headlights. It is too dangerous for me to drive this vehicle at night !

- Tom F., Austin, TX, US

Mar 182015

SRX LX 3.2L V6

When driving at night the low beam lights are very dim and we have a hard time seeing the road and must use the bright driving lights.

- dthornburg, Bradenton, FL, US