2016 Cadillac SRX miscellaneous NHTSA complaints: Unknown Or Other

NHTSA — Unknown Or Other Problems

2016 Cadillac SRX miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Cadillac SRX:

2016 Cadillac SRX Owner Comments

Jan 142020

SRX

Remote start does not function properly. This has happened multiple times over the last 3 years. Dealer unable to offer any solutions.

- Marquette, MI, USA

Sep 252018

SRX

I was the owner/operator of the Srx was T-boned on the passenger side, air bag triggered error message and did not deploy, seatbelt did not lock in place until after I hit the dash resulting in unharnessed contact in cabin causing over $200K in medical bills to date to right shoulder, head, neck and back.

- Grandview, MO, USA

Sep 252018

SRX

Srx was T-boned and airbags/seatbelt retractor failed. Severe injuries to Cadillac driver from unlocked shoulder harness and all airbags failed.

- Grandview, MO, USA

Apr 092019

SRX

Cadillac cue screeen shattered beneath surface while sitting in parking lot.

- Ripley, MS, USA

Sep 062018

SRX

The car caught on fire while driving on the highway. The car was destroyed. Engineering report states cause as defective fuel pressure sensor on the fuel feed pipe. Report uploaded. The car only had 27,000 miles and was still under warranty.

- Plainfield, IL, USA

Mar 012018

SRX

Approximately 6 months ago, I noticed a small stress fracture appear in the bottom left corner of the central digital dashboard of my vehicle. The dashboard projects safety, entertainment and automobile operating status (e.g. deflated tires, onstar alerts, etc.). as the fracture grew it revealed a spider web of fractures distorting the dashboard and affecting the system's operation. The system would sudden begin flashing different icons, swiping from side to side which is very distracting. The digital icons are no longer functional yet the fractures continue to grow and the dashboard is very distracting while driving. We reported the defect to marvin K. brown Cadillac and was informed by the service advisor, merle porter, several other Srx owners have reported the same issue, in which GM recognized as a vehicle defect. Mr. Porter reported the defect to GM, however, GM did not accept responsibility and refused to recall the component or replace the component. On 09/29/2018, I submitted a complaint to GM asking for a further investigation (case # 84675794778). The origin of the fracture is located in the bottom left corner of the panel and no external force or impact is visible and no damage was occurred by me or my passengers. I feel this defect is a critical safety issue due to its driver distracting randomly and consisting moving icons.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Jun 272018

SRX

Car in motion at 23mph tried to navigate a right hand curve in road, steering was normal and then all the sudden steering caught and wouldn┐T let me navigate the rest of the right hand turn. Brought car to a complete stop and tried to put car in motion by pressing gas, steering was perfectly fine. This is the second time this has happened in two short weeks

- Indiana, PA, USA

Mar 102017

SRX

My car was in park and off. Rolled backwards down the driveway. Injuries incurred

- Lombard, IL, USA

Apr 032017

SRX

We were on vacation, driving down I89 in vt, nice spring sunny day. We were going about 70mph on this open highway, when all of a sudden we heard what sound like a gun shot. Then the crackel of the glass and our 2016 Cadillac Srx sunroof collapsed down on top of us. To say there was glass everywhere is an understatement! this is very concerning as this should not happen. In researching this seems to be a common occurrence. Why is someone not doing something about this? this is clearly some kind of manufacturing flaw.

- Marcellus, NY, USA

Mar 152016

SRX

The car has a constant vibration at speeds beginning about 55mpr and increasing up to 70mpr. The dealer service manager and sale person drove the car and observed the same fault. This car was purchased off the showroom floor with 20 total miles. The condition was first observed on the first highway drive at speeds between 55 and 70 mph. After two attempts to balance and change tires; I was told they had to replace both rear axles, but was not able to confirm that fixed the problem. I also drove another new luxury car with the dealer and it performed the same way; suggested these were season end vehicles problems.

- Woodbury, CT, USA