- October 16: GM Recalls Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles Over Child Seat Issues recalls | 4 days ago
- October 10: GM Brake Vacuum Pump Failures Lead to Lawsuit news | 10 days ago
- September 30: Cadillac CTS Heated Seats Cause Recall After Car Catches Fire recalls | 20 days ago
- September 13: GM Recalls 1 Million Trucks and SUVs For Power Steering Problems recalls | 37 days ago
- September 12: GM Recalls 230,000 Vehicles For Brake Caliper Pistons recalls | 38 days ago
Cadillac Recall 07340: FMVSS 138/Tire Pressure Monitoring System
2008 Cadillac STS
These indications of a system malfunction do not work. Premature tire failure could result in a loss of control of the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash.
- GM is recalling 4,586 MY 2008 Cadillac Sts and Sts-V passenger vehicles for failing to conform to the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 138, 'tire pressure monitoring systems' (TPMS). The standard requires an indication to the driver for certain TPMS malfunctions. When the system detects a malfunction, the low tire warning light should flash for about one minute and then stay on the remainder of the ignition cycle. A driver information center message will also be displayed on the instrument panel.
- Dealers will reprogram the remote control door lock receiver module free of charge. The recall began on March 18, 2008. Owners may contact Cadillac at 1-800-982-2339 or through their website at www.gmownercenter.com>www.gmownercenter.com.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.