- December 24: GM 8-Speed Transmission Fix Useless, Claims Lawsuit news | 23 days ago
- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 36 days ago
- November 23: GM Hard Brake Pedals and Vacuum Pumps Investigated investigations | 54 days ago
Cadillac Recall 02009: GM/Steering Gear Bolts
2002 Cadillac SeVille
If the left bolt is missing and the right mounting strap fails, steering control is lost and a vehicle crash could result.
Steering — Gear Box (Other Than Rack And Pinion)
- Certain passenger vehicles were built with missing or under-torqued steering gear attachment bolts. If a bolt is missing, the driver may notice uneven steering response or unusual noises during turns.
- Dealers will inspect the vehicles for presence and proper torque of both steering gear bolts. Owner notification began April 5, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Buick at 1-800-521-7300 or Cadillac at 1-800-458-8006.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.