- October 16: GM Recalls Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles Over Child Seat Issues recalls | 3 days ago
- October 10: GM Brake Vacuum Pump Failures Lead to Lawsuit news | 9 days ago
- September 30: Cadillac CTS Heated Seats Cause Recall After Car Catches Fire recalls | 19 days ago
- September 13: GM Recalls 1 Million Trucks and SUVs For Power Steering Problems recalls | 36 days ago
- September 12: GM Recalls 230,000 Vehicles For Brake Caliper Pistons recalls | 37 days ago
Cadillac Recall 02009: GM/Steering Gear Bolts
2002 Cadillac SeVille
If the left bolt is missing and the right mounting strap fails, steering control is lost and a vehicle crash could result.
Steering — Gear Box (Other Than Rack And Pinion)
- Certain passenger vehicles were built with missing or under-torqued steering gear attachment bolts. If a bolt is missing, the driver may notice uneven steering response or unusual noises during turns.
- Dealers will inspect the vehicles for presence and proper torque of both steering gear bolts. Owner notification began April 5, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Buick at 1-800-521-7300 or Cadillac at 1-800-458-8006.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.