CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2015 Chevy Colorado has a significant trend of transmission problems.

Most owners reporting transmission problems with their 2015 Colorado report sluggish shifting or other similar problems with the truck not shifting properly. Although most of these 2015 Colorado trucks are still under warranty, it's not a good sign.

The Chevy Colorado is mechanically identical to the GMC Canyon.

8.0

$100

2015 Chevrolet Colorado steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Colorado:

2015 Chevrolet Colorado Owner Comments

Jul 252021

Colorado Z71

Spoke with the service guy and he said it sounds like an electrical problem, not the steering issue. BS! The steering issue IS an electrical problem and the StabiliTrak issue has been associated with it multiple times. I'm guessing the steering issue is messing up the other sensors and caused the multiple error messages.

Spoke with GM and they have created a case # and will "see if we can help you with the costs associated with this repair". I sure hope they do because this is not an expense my son should have to shoulder.

I'm submitting this complaint two more times. Once for each of the error warnings.

- chevycobad, Glenwood, US

Jul 252021

Colorado Z71

Yesterday my son left a parking lot and as he was turning the power steering went out and the error message "Service Power Steering Drive with Care" came on. Then the truck shut down. Fortunately, it was a Sunday with little traffic on this road. He was able to muscle it over to the side of the road. "Service Battery Charging System System" and "Service StabiliTrak" warning messages also came on. He was unable to get the truck to turn back on even with a friend trying to "jump" it. Had it towed to a dealership and am waiting for them to tell us what is wrong. He's in the Army and can't have a s*** vehicle that breaks down and makes him late for or miss formations or taskings. He's also on a huge installation so being without a vehicle leaves him stuck in the barracks. This sucks hard. From searching the internet, I see where there have been many similar complaints and two recalls on this steering issue. Of course, his truck isn't part of the recall - how is that even possible? Every 2015 Chevy Colorado should be part of this recall. Stop cherry picking Chevy and do the right thing by your customers. As a lower enlisted, he can't afford the $1800-$2000 some people are saying this is going to cost. Heck, he just bought it a year ago with his savings thinking a Chevy would be good for a long time. Boy, was he wrong.

- chevycobad, Glenwood, US

Jan 162020

Colorado Z71

Driving in 2015 Chevy Colorado (well-maintained) at about 45mph when truck suddenly slows down, Stabitrak Off - Drive Careful error message lights up, steering is extremely difficult, pulled off to side of road, but did not turn engine off. Service Stabilitrak light comes on and information screens go to zero or turn off. Called dealer service, said to drive in carefully. Drive was at about 15mph (couldn't tell as RPM/mileage was not working); only a 10 minute drive thankfully, but incredibly difficult to steer. People honking at me; wonder I didn't get stopped. Once at dealer the vehicle was turned off by service personnel but then it would not start again. Eventually told that it was just a loose connection. Connection greased and connections tested. Later I check online and find out that this is happening to numerous other people. Now talking again with dealer to ensure full repair needs to take place; urged them to talk with GM technical team. This warrants a second recall.

If this had happened on the interstate it most likely would have resulted in a crash. However, it happened on a quiet suburban street. Lucky for me.

- Linda S., Grand Junction, US

Jul 122019

Colorado Z71 V6

I have a 2015 Chevy Colorado Z71 V6 and on Monday I got a "Service Power Steering, Drive with Care" light in the morning when I cranked my truck up. Once that came on it was really hard for me to move the steering wheel. I restarted my truck and the light went away and my steering wheel went back to normal. The rest of the week I didn't have the issue come back up again until Friday morning the same issue happened but this time it took me 4x to restart my truck for it to go back to normal. I went ahead and took it straight to the dealer. I'm hoping they find out what the issue is because I just don't have time to be screwing around with it anymore. But to tell you the truth I'm just really sick of the issues I'm having with the truck. I have taken it to the dealer at least 4x the past 2 years and than something new happens. This will be the last time I buy an American made car as I have had the same issues with ford. I really like the truck but it might be time to get something else that is more reliable and lasts forever. Toyota will probably be my next buy. ;(

- Alex M., Atlanta, US