- June 19: GM Recalls Vehicles With Fuel Pumps That Can Leak recalls | 0 days ago
- June 14: Chevrolet Sonic Recalled to Replace Seatbacks recalls | 5 days ago
- May 27: Recall: Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 2500 and 3500 recalls | 23 days ago
- May 26: GM Recalls Chevrolet Cruze LS Cars For Risk of Fires recalls | 24 days ago
- May 23: Chevrolet Cruze 'Side Blind Zone Alert' Lawsuit Filed news | 27 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 13442: PRNDM Position Indicator/FMVSS 102
2014 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
The transmission position indicator may not show that the transmission is in first gear (1) and not drive (D). If the drivers pulls into traffic, the vehicle's speed would be limited, resulting in an increased risk of a crash.
Electrical System — Software
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain software intended for 2015 vehicles that was installed by service centers into model year 2014 Chevrolet Silverados and GMC Sierras equipped with Allison A1000 transmissions. The incorrect software may cause the transmission indicator not to display that gear position "1" has been selected. As such, this vehicle does not conform to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 102, "Transmission Shift Lever Sequence, Starter Interlock, and Transmission Braking Effect."
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will upload the correct transmission software, free of charge. The recall began on January 27, 2014. Owners may contact Chevrolet at 1-800-222-1020 and GMC at 1-800-462-8782. General Motors' number for this recall is 13442.
- Documents (8)
Click a tab for more information.