2016 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 lights problems: poor headlight visibility

Poor Headlight Visibility

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 2500

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.

$60

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 2500:

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Owner Comments

Jul 012016

Silverado 2500 LTZ 6.6L

I had the truck in for service before we left Spokane for Arizona and complained to the service manager. He said I was not the only one who's been complaining. SO FIX THE DAMN HEADLIGHTS! I live 1 mile south of the Canadian border, we average 1 deer kill a year from a vehicle. Now we can't SEE CRAP because of poor headlight performance from a $60,000 truck. Winter is here, longer nite time driving and rain, snow, NEED I go on???? STEP UP GM or after 25 years of buying GM, I'm going RAM!!! FIX THE DAMN HEADLIGHTS>

- Roger H., Colville, WA, US

Oct 032016

Silverado 2500

just as other complaint, the headlights are horrible and dangerous. there is a wall of black when dimmers are on. it's like driving though a very low tunnel and never coming out of it. in contact now with my dealer as the truck is brand new. there is a definite light of black up ahead and must drive very slow. there is fade out. going down a hill is super dangerous!! i turned up the dimmers a small amount but its still very bad. i d'ont need a black wall in front of me. i have owned many trucks and know what lighting is and what is safe.

Update from Oct 9, 2016: update: i changed the low beam bulb myself and adjusted the angle up a little more. i checked to make sure oncoming vehicles were not blinded. i switched the bulb to a sylvania silverstar ultra. this gave me much better vision. and also reduced the black wall up ahead with a fade out. my truck was equipped with a h11 55 watt from factory.

- Dan R., Saltsburg, PA, US

Nov 262015

Silverado 2500 HD LTZ Duramax

Compared to my 2008 GM Sierra the headlights on my 2016 Silverado are about 1/2 as effective. The high beams are very weak and don't show down the road well. The low beams are outright dangerous as they cut off completely at about 60-75 feet. Changing to low beams causes immediate over-driving of your lights. In an area where there are frequently moose and other large critters in the road and most of the roads are unlighted this is dangerous.

- John P., Kennebunk, ME, US