8.4

$1,477.00

2. replace heater core and radiator (7 reports)
2012 Chrysler 200 AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chrysler 200:

2012 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Dec 222017

200 Limited 3.2L V6

Heat stopped working on passenger side of car. Warm air quit blowing through passenger side air vents.

- , Waterloo, IL, US

Jan 112017

200 LX V6

Evidently there have been numerous complaints about this issue and Chrysler refuses to take ownership of it and fix the problem. Mechanics are profiting from this issue and not fixing the problem.

- , Fort Smith, AR, US

Nov 222017

200 cyl 6

The manufacturer was aware that the fluid they used would cause this problem. There is a Star Case Document that was sent to the Car Dealer Ships, however they did not inform the consumers. Then they want to charge everyone for the repairs. I was given a estimate of $1,586.78 for a heater core replacement. So since they don't value their customers why should we buy their cars. Seems that the cost assessment the company did worked out in their favor not the consumers.

- , TOMS RIVER, NJ, US

Dec 142015

200

I have a Chrysler 200, 2012. I am only getting heat on the driver side, cold on the pass side. I have had it to the dealer who flushed the line 3 times and sent me off stating the problem was fixed. No one can tell me for sure the problem. I live in Newfoundland where the winters are pretty bad, so I spent all this money on a car that I can only use in the summer. Pretty pissed. I keep hearing different things that the problem can be, is there someone out there that has had this problem and had it fixed before I spend all this money.

- , Grnd-falls-wi, NL, Canada

Oct 162017

200 Limited V6 Flex

Hard to believe there is not a recall for this known problem. If I lived in the south I might not care but Wisconsin winters are somewhat brutal and it would be nice to have heat in my car. There is only lukewarm air out of the drivers side and gets colder each vent across to passenger side. Thankful the heated seats work yet sad I don't have the $1700 that everyone is saying that it takes to fix :(

- , Cornell, US

Feb 082017

200 Limited 2.4L 4 cyl

This is a very significant problem that Chrysler should have a recall fix on, as there are way too many of this year and model with this issue and the quote to just diagnose is expensive then the repairs are upward of $550 to start depending on which actual issue is the problem*RANT RANTRANT*

- , Indianapolis, US

Aug 082015

200 V6

The heat stopped working on passenger side in 2015. I've taken the car to many dealers but none can figure out the fix. Have wasted a lot of money on this issue. It should be recalled. About to spend another winter freezing but considering trading it in for something not Chrysler. If you are reading this and freezing - you're not alone. If you're reading this and considering buying - DON'T....when this many people have the same review, it's an issue you will encounter also.

- , Stratford, ON, Canada

Oct 162017

200 Limited 3.6L

The inoperative heat on the passenger side of the Chrysler 200 is apparently very well known, however I also have two Dodge Avengers that have the same problem, a 2008 RT (3.5 Litre) and a 2009 SXT (2.6 Litre). So what are the chances that three cars, all made by Chrysler/Dodge, would have the same problem. How does a recall get established?

- , Fairborn, OH, US

Mar 022017

200 S V6

I noticed the brown sludge on the radiator cap. I immediately made an appointment for service and reported it. I couldn't believe the complaints found on line about the same issue with this car - wow.. This was an easy $1200 repair, and luckily it was covered under our extended warranty. I did get charged for the deductible and flushing the system.. Gotta love that; they replace all the parts, but to fix it properly, the owner has to shell out money to flush the system; this crap shouldn't be in there in the first place!! I didn't put the wrong coolant or parts in, Chrysler did... I hope this repair lasts.

- , Bel Air, US

Jan 022017

200 LX 3,6 V6

I have a chrysler 2012 200 and i have heat on the driver siee bu't no heat on the passenger side. The dealer said that heater core was pluge . and they wanted 800 to 900 dollars to repair it . The car has 48000 miles on it. The dealer said that this is a common problem. I think chrysler should have a recall on this problem.

- , Newton Falls, US

Jan 272017

200 LX 2.4L

I own a 2012 Chrysler 200 and my wife had notice while we were on the way to work one morning that the vent was blowing cold air on her side it was about 20 degrees outside that morning she is Anemic and so its a very big problem.

- , Durham, NC, USA

Feb 102017

200 LX

After this occurred, we researched and found that this is happening often with this model. My local mechanic would not even consider repairing mine after just repairing ANOTHER one last week. He can not believe that this sludge can develop in a car just 4 years old. He tried to investigate the source of the sludge and thinks it may have come from the castings of the assembled engine and the manufacturer not flushing and cleaning it out properly when assembling the vehicle. He was LIVID and said this SHOULD NOT HAPPEN!

- , Howell, NJ, USA

Dec 152016

200 LX 3.6L

Second major repair for this 4 year old car. Last summer had to replace the alternator. Now, today when it is 2 degrees outside in Michigan, A/C is pouring out of the passenger side vents and it is lukewarm on my side. I was warned of this upcoming repair last summer. Chrysler needs to issue a recall!

- , Davisburg, MI, USA

Oct 222016

200 Touring 3.6L V+

Back in 2013 under warranty lost heat on passenger side. Replaced heater core , water pump and radiator. Solved problem. 3 yrs later same thing happened. Not under warranty. Will not pay to have fixed. Will get rid of car in the summer and never buy a chrysler again... NEVER. Live in cold weather state. Sucks that there is no heat on passenger side and window will not defrost. Very dangerous.

- , Adell, WI, USA

Feb 012016

200 Touring V6

click to see larger images

heater doesn't work passenger side heater doesn't work passenger side

When I discovered the problem last winter, I ask my garage to fix it because there was no more heating on the passenger side. My garage went to the dealer and they said it should be something broken inside the dash that was blocking the vent (and the heat) to move to the passenger side. They estimated the repairs to be about $2700 so I decided not to repair at that time.

This winter (2017), the problem was getting worst and my windshield on the right side was not deicing properly so it became dangerous so I asked my own garage to repair it. So they had to open the dash completely and they found that nothing was broken in there. They decided to purge the cooling liquid in the heating system and they realized that the liquid was not circulating properly in the thermostat under the dash.

They took away the thermostat, opened it and realized that it was 3/4 blocked with a kind of glue that has accumulated there. So they changed that piece and everything is now working perfectly. The cost or the repair is $1831 (instead of $2700 because it is a private garage and not the dealer) and I find it is a lot of money for not normal deterioration. I was told that the problem is caused by a substance (some kind of glue) that Chrysler is putting in the cooling liquid to avoid the thermostat to break....I considered that a recall should be made for that problem because it is not a normal deterioration!

- , St-Lazare, QC, Canada

Dec 012016

200 4

Call the National Highway Traffic Safety to get this on the recall list. If you are unable to defrost the passenger side it is a safety issue. Call 888-327-4236.

- , Portage, MI, USA

Nov 192016

200

With below zero temps and little kids, this is ridiculous to even have happen. I just had to have my thermostat housing replaced because I had a small coolant leak and then this happened. Come to find out, this is an extremely popular issue with Dodge/Chryslers and there should definitely be a recall because of the manufacture of these parts being the reason for the issues. I will never buy a Chrysler/Dodge again after the continuous issues I've had after buying it brand new.

- , Menasha, WI, USA

Jan 012017

200

My mother and I both own 2012 Chrysler 200. Her heater began blowing cool air last year. It is not a coincidence that my vehicle is now experiencing the same issue. I should not need to have my daughter bring a blanket when riding in the car in order to stay warm. THIS SHOULD BE A RECALL!!!!!

- , Toledo, OH, US

Jan 082017

200

Heater not working on the passenger side floor. So far it is just the floor. From previous complaints, it appears the problem could get worse.

- , Fairborn, OH, US

Nov 012015

200 Convertible 3.6L

Have had estimates of $1700 to get this fixed. Insane.

- , Atlanta, GA, USA