ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

8.4

$1,330

2. replace heater core and radiator (8 reports)
  3. replace the heater core (1 reports)
2012 Chrysler 200 AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chrysler 200:

2012 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Dec 012016

200 4

Call the National Highway Traffic Safety to get this on the recall list. If you are unable to defrost the passenger side it is a safety issue. Call 888-327-4236.

- trenbren, Portage, MI, USA

Nov 192016

200

With below zero temps and little kids, this is ridiculous to even have happen. I just had to have my thermostat housing replaced because I had a small coolant leak and then this happened. Come to find out, this is an extremely popular issue with Dodge/Chryslers and there should definitely be a recall because of the manufacture of these parts being the reason for the issues. I will never buy a Chrysler/Dodge again after the continuous issues I've had after buying it brand new.

- Megan M., Menasha, WI, USA

Jan 012017

200

My mother and I both own 2012 Chrysler 200. Her heater began blowing cool air last year. It is not a coincidence that my vehicle is now experiencing the same issue. I should not need to have my daughter bring a blanket when riding in the car in order to stay warm. THIS SHOULD BE A RECALL!!!!!

- dixonoh, Toledo, OH, US

Jan 082017

200

Heater not working on the passenger side floor. So far it is just the floor. From previous complaints, it appears the problem could get worse.

- jmtschudi, Fairborn, OH, US

Nov 012015

200 Convertible 3.6L

Have had estimates of $1700 to get this fixed. Insane.

- Mary K., Atlanta, GA, USA

Nov 302012

200 Touring

We bought our 200 brand new with only 3 mile on it back in March 2012. I bought the car for it's my spouse who travels an hour back and forth from work. During the winter he complained that it doesn't get very warm but it was tolerable. Every winter the heater problem kept getting worse.

This winter (2016) My spouse advised that there is a clicking noise coming from behind the glove box. I looked it up on line and was a faulty blend door actuator. I fixed the actuator and i hoped that was the problem all along and the heat would work on the passenger side. Alas, it didn't. I took it to the repair shop and they recommended a radiator/ heater core flush and fill.

I had that done dropped a $100 on it and it still didn't solve the problem. He advised if the car is still putting out heat it would be all over not on just on half. He check all the actuators and re-calibrated them and still couldn't figure it out. He advised everything is working the way its supposed to be as far as he could tell. If anyone has a fix let me know.

- Rocky H., Springfield, OH, USA

Feb 012016

200 Limited 3.2L V6

The passenger side of the blows cold air. The dealer flushed the core resulting in little change. They researched the problem with Chrysler and the recommendation was to replace the heater core, radiator.. Obviously a known problem. The cost is starting at labor of $800, plus parts. I'm not able to put that kind of money into repairs. I live in Michigan and need the defroster. This is a hardtop convertible and I love the car IN THE SUMMER. Buick has just introduced a convertible, I will be looking at that soon.

- jmdahn, Prescott, MI, USA

Dec 102014

200 LX 2.4L 4 cyl

I bought this car in 2014 just before winter, and once the cold weather began the car did not heat up on the passenger side, it is now 2016 winter and it seems to be getting worse. I have not contacted Chrysler on this issue as of yet and decided to do some research online, so here I am sending in this complaint with some of the other ones I've read.

Hopefully I can get some clear cut direction on correcting this issue so my next post will show some insight and hope.

- frozen in mn, Andover, MN, USA

Jan 042016

200 LX 2.4L

This car has been one problem after another- zero degrees and no heat on the passenger side- it's impossible to defrost the windshield on the passenger side, and keep it from freezing up and cannot melt the snow. This is a safety issue to drive in the winter.

- Leslie B., Lakeville, USA

Dec 012015

200 2LX 4

We replaced the thermostat. Didn't help. Our mechanic said that he can't fix it. He said to use the re-circulation so that no cold air is coming in from outside. It helps keep the car warm, however, it doesn't help keep the windows clear. I still need to use the defrost to clear the windows and then I get the cold air coming in from the passenger side. Really sucks!

- Kerry F., Hamilton, ON, Canada

Oct 312015

200

Hello, I have a chrysler 200 lx 2012.

I've been having this problem so far when I set the heater at the maximum level, it has not worked very well, because it doesn't heat enough and by the side passenger front, the air is not warm.

- Jose T., Reno, Nevada, USA

Dec 182014

200

Am a single man living in Atlanta with a short commute so never really needed the heat on much, and rarely a passenger ... but on a long December 2014 trip into Michigan my passenger complained about the floor vent blowing cold air ... odd, mine was blowing hot air ... sure enough it was hot on my side and very cold on her side ... car had 37,000 miles on it then, but I'm guessing it never worked because it was never noticed before (no use sitting there during a cold period) ... now has 48,000 miles on it and need to get it fixed before December 2015 trip to Michigan .... saw 3 other people complain about this same problem ... Troncalli Chrysler said it was not under warranty and would be minimum of $115 for diagnostics plus additional to fix ... have appointment Nov. 30 ... would be real upset is this is more than $500 to fix.

- Alan S., Cumming, GA, US

Oct 202014

200 Touring 3.2L

I have a 2012 Chrysler 200, the passenger side heater wasn't working. I took it to my dealership to find out what the problem was. They flushed the system several times and it didn't work. The only thing left is to replace the radiator and heater core. I've done some research and found that Chrysler manufacturing puts a type of product in the radiator to block pin holes that might be in the radiator during manufacturing, that product creates a sludge and that sludge blocks your system from working properly.

I've called Chrysler on the matter in requesting that since this is a manufacturing issue they should pay the cost of repairs which is $1,700 and at this time I've gotten no assistance at this time. This should be a recall and the matter should be repaired and manufacturer warned of the defect that takes place.

- Sandra M., Oakdale, TN, USA

May 172013

200 ES 2.4L

I had bought a 2012 chrysler 200 in 2013 and 6 months into the fall and winter the heat doesn't work ,

it only works on the driver side vent on the dash. Everywhere else blows cold air . I have had the thermostats replaced , engine coolant flushed and many mechanics look at the problem. They have advised me to make a complaint to chrysler because of the design on the heater core , i have notice they made a redesign on the new 2015 200's . when its -16 outside and you have no heat its pretty damn cold out . I have also talked to many people who have the same problem , I have also advised them to complain about the problem so you are aware of the situations. I have a brand new car 2012 chrysler 200 with 45,000 miles on it and the heat doesn't work this should not be happening on a new car . I have also heard that the computer might need to be flashed again in order for the actuators up under the dash to work , is this true ? please , can we do something about this , redesign the heater core or something .

Thankyou

meggan Black

- Meggan B., Uniontown, OH, US

Nov 012014

200 ES

Heater blows warm air driver side -cold air passenger side.

- Kenda K., Star Prairie, WI, USA