4.8

2015 Chrysler 200C transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chrysler 200C:

2015 Chrysler 200C Owner Comments

Oct 072017

200C

When driving and coming to a stop, the car shfts jerky, also when you leave the stop sign, the transmission doesn't know to shift down or up. Very uneven, and sometimes embarrasing, when you have a passanger with you. They look at you, like who taught you to drive. I have taken tyhe car to the dealer 6 times, last year, now I am just putting up with the problem, as it is intermeditian. All of the complaints were at the dealer. Somtimes they fixed soimething, which didn't hold. other times I was told there is nothing they could do and did not make a report We are retired, therfore we do not drive as much as we used to.

- David H., Kirkwood, US

Oct 192016

200C AWD V6

Hard shifts all day long, steadily getting worse. Dealership says no issue, so I can't get it replaced under warranty.

The worst is 5th gear. Shifting into and our of fifth has a 50/50 chance of causing my entire car to lurch and a loud "clunk" to come from my trans.

- Freeze F., Howell, MI, US

Jan 012016

200C V6

I've had identical problems to those listed above. The jerking in and out of gear while driving happens most frequently. The vehicle has had at least four "transmission software updates" (every time I change the oil) but has never gotten better. The vehicle also got stuck in a low gear with a lot of jerking and moaning. I couldn't drive over 25/30 miles an hour. Dealer told me the next time this happens, turn car off and turn it back on, and then it will be fine. Thanks a lot! I also had the issue of the car not releasing out of drive. Dealer looks at it every time but has never offered to replace the transmission. I'm going to check out the lemon law.

- Shelly C., Pekin, IL, US

Mar 132015

200C 9spd Auto 2.4L

I purchased new a 2015 Chrysler 200C for my wife because it fit her well because she is short in stature. This Car is Problematic since I bought it and still is. It is one of five cars that Consumer Reports Magazine recommends not buying. This is a Fiat designed car. Which translates into fix it again Tony. I bought this vehicle with a employee discount contract which I signed and did not know that there was a disclosure written in the contract which stated that I could not sue them. The Transmission failed after 2 months, numerous times the car received transmission computers and reprogramming . And a host of other unrelated problems with the car The depreciation of this vehicle lost 50% of it's value in one year's time of ownership. If anyone can give me some suggestions of what I can do about this? I would be grateful to anyone whom knows how to deal against FIAT.

- mianecki, Racine, WI, US

Jun 012016

200C C 3.6L V6

Wish I never bought the car. Chrysler knows this transmission has problems. It is reported everywhere. Everyone knows it. Chrysler doesn't seem to want to address the issue.

- mwerne01, Harpers Ferry, WV, US