- September 30: Chrysler Active Head Restraint Investigation Opened investigations | 18 days ago
- September 7: Chrysler Active Head Restraint Lawsuit Dismissed news | 41 days ago
Dodge Recall S61: Air Bags/Seat Belt Pretensioners May Be Disabled
2014 Dodge Avenger
If the frontal air bags, seat belt pretensioners, and side air bags are disabled, there is an increased risk of injury to the vehicle occupants in the event of a vehicle crash that necessitates deployment of these safety systems.
Air Bags — Frontal — Sensor/Control Module
Seat Belts — Pretensioner
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain model year 2011-2014 Chrysler 200, 2010 Chrysler Sebring, 2010-2012 Dodge Caliber and 2010-2014 Jeep Patriot, Compass and Dodge Avenger vehicles. The Occupant Restraint Control (OCR) module may short circuit, preventing the frontal air bags, seat belt pretensioners, and side air bags from deploying in the event of a crash.
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will replace the OCR, free of charge. Interim letters informing owners that parts are not available yet were mailed on October 26, 2016. The recall began on August 15, 2017. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is S61.
- Documents (22)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 09/16/2016 New Safety Recall Advanced Communication – S61091616
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Miscellaneous Document- FCA - Safety Recall #S61 / NHTSA 16V-668 - Occupant Restraint Controller
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Campaign Kit & Occupant Restraint - ORC Module By Mopar Parts on Friday, August 25, 2017
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Copy of Interim Owner Letter
- Recall 573 Report
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 4
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 5
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 3
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 7
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-4
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 6
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Revised November 2017
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - S61 Part Return Message with Part List
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-3
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
Click a tab for more information.