Notes: The 2007 Dodge Caliber has all kinds of suspension problems at relatively low mileage: typically 40-50,000 miles.

The most commonly reported problems are with ball joints & control arms going bad. Tie rods & leaking struts are also reported failing in the same mileage range.

Unfortunately all the suspension problems means some owners only find out after they notice their tires are ruined.

We've given the 2007 Caliber our worst rating because these problems happen at such low mileage, & it involves a wide range of apparently defective parts. With most other cars, major suspension work is pretty rare under 50,000 miles.

2007 Dodge Caliber seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Caliber:

2007 Dodge Caliber Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Oct 012017

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Caliber. While the vehicle was stationary, the air bag indicator illuminated without warning. The contact stated that the failure was intermittent. In addition, the contact stated that the accelerator pedal traveled to the floorboard of the vehicle. The contact restarted the vehicle to correct the failure. The dealer and manufacturer were not made aware of the failure. The VIN and failure mileage were unknown.

- Helena, MT, USA

Dec 032017

I swerved for deer and when I did I crashed my car and rolled it and airbags did not deploy

- Redding, CA, USA

Nov 222016

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Caliber. Upon starting the vehicle, the air bag indicator remained illuminated. The contact also stated that the front passenger side headlight failed to illuminate. The vehicle was taken to barbera autoland (7810 E roosevelt blvd, philadelphia, pa 19152 (215) 333-3700) for diagnostic testing of the headlight. The vehicle was not taken to an independent mechanic or dealer for the air bag warning indicator failure. The manufacturer was notified by voicemail and the contact was awaiting a callback. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Feb 032017

My airbag light came on recently and it verbs and flashes when I make a left turn. At times when I make a right turn it turns off after a while as long as I don't turn the steering wheel to the left. When I have the vehicle parked now after time the airbag light stays on now. It use to go off but not no more. Please help I know this is unsafe for me and my family to drive with a airbag light on.

- Dinuba, CA, USA

Sep 152016

Takata recall- my air bag light stays on all the time, also I had to replace the electronic control module, it was completely full of corrosion. All of the front and back suspention had to be replaced, all control arms upper and lower, struts, the whole thing. The transmission will not shift properly, causing the engine to stall. I have had the suspention fixed, and the electrical replaced. The transmission fluid changed but mechanic could not find out what the problem is. It does not shift properly when on highway driving, and will not down shift when stopping, car stalls out. The electrical module would not put out enough power to run the lights, wipers, fan or radio. This car is a real piece of crap, Dodge should be ashamed of themselves for even putting it on the market. We want action, for what we paid for this junk.

- Sun Prairie, WI, USA

Dec 232015

My husband was driving and I was the passenger. 12/23/15. The car was a 2007 Dodge Caliber. Approx 80,000 miles on it. No prior accidents. A car turned into driver side. My husband was not hurt. Both cars going approx 10 miles an hour. I was hit with air bag. I received a broken rib, new bridge completely knocked out(or should I say in.). my back, neck, ankle still give me a lot of pain today. My body bruised head to toe. Concussion.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Aug 272016

Caliber 4-cyl

Takata recall I have a 2007 Dodge Caliber and the airbag light want go out and I need to know about this light and the recall for the airbags in these car. Thank you. There is nothing that have happen right now but I don't want anything to happen I need this fix before something do happen.

- Aurora, CO, USA

May 212016

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Caliber. While driving 45 mph, another vehicle crashed into the contact's vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained head, neck, and shoulder injuries that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed and towed to a police lot. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 154,000. The VIN was not available.

- Munbeline, IL, USA

Nov 292015

Our 2007 Dodge Caliber has a airbag warning light indicator that stays on continuously and now it is going on and off intermittently. I took it into Dodge dealer and they said it's not under warranty. So we took the car to an auto repair facility that said it is a dangerous and expensive repair and that Dodge should take care of it because it is a serious safety issue. What is our next step to resolve this issue?

- Redlands, CA, USA

Feb 212015

The contact owns 2007 Dodge Caliber. The contact stated that after sliding on black ice, the vehicle crashed into a pole and the air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. The contact suffered from a concussion, chest and neck pain. The vehicle was taken to a yard where the insurance deemed the vehicle destroyed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 109,263.

- Allentown, PA, USA

Mar 102015

Caliber 4-cyl

Horn and airbag both failed making the vehicle unsafe. Dodge refuses to fix the problem.

- La Canada, CA, USA

Jan 202015

The contact owned a 2007 Dodge Caliber. While driving at approximately 25 mph, the contact depressed the brake pedal. A bottle was underneath the brake pedal, which caused the contact to crash into the rear of a truck. The air bags failed to deploy and the seat belt failed to retract. The contact sustained unknown injuries that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed. The approximate failure mileage was 114,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Salt Lake City, UT, USA

Jan 162015

Caliber 4-cyl

I had an accident on Friday, January 18, 2015. The car in front of me put on brakes, and I was a distance away from the car in front of me when I put on brakes as well. However, when I attempted to brake, it would not brake normally as a car should. Also, there was no anti-lock brake that kicked in. In addition, the airbags did not deploy in this vehicle. My car is totaled. Thankfully, I was able to walk away. There is something wrong with the brakes on this vehicle. I always felt like that. However, the experience that I had with this accident was confirmation for me.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Nov 192014

Caliber 4-cyl

Vehicle was involved in frontal collision with run off tire from a trailer being pulled by a pickup truck. Frontal driver side received damage to electrical wiring harness which shut down onboard computer system. Upon impact the vehicle seized operation and shut down air bag deployment. Steering control was lost due to half shaft joint was sheered apart.

- Lawton, OK, USA

Jul 242014

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Caliber. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 40 mph, the air bag warning light remained illuminated and the horn failed to function. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 135,000.

- Fort Benning, GA, USA

Jul 152014

The car would not start (lights worked, but engine would not turn over). After replacing the throttle cable and box, as well as some broken wiring, the car still would not start. The mechanic then towed the vehicle to a Dodge dealership, where the computer was reset. The car ran for another week after it was first "fixed, " and then again did not start (same problem as before). Additionally, the light to indicate that the air bags were not functioning turned on prior to the vehicle not starting. This is more frustrating because we have had extensive issues with this car (replaced all tie rods, bushings, control arms, have a broken door from the hinge breaking, and had multiple tires wearing unevenly due to the car's suspension problems) already, and have sunk well over $6000 in repairs this year alone.

- Stony Creek, NY, USA

Apr 042013

Caliber 4-cyl

The first signs of a problem were a clicking sound when turning the steering wheel. It did not happen every time, and I did nothing about it until December, when a portion of a strap with electrical wire embedded began to protrude from the upper steering column. It soon began to be a nuisance as the portion grew longer and would catch on the steering position adjustment knob. I grew alarmed when the airbag light came on, and took it to the dealership. They said it was a broken clockspring, and they had to order the part. It cost me over $300 to get this repaired, and now I see Toyota is doing a recall for this exact same thing, a spiral cable assembly that becomes damaged from turning the steering wheel. It is a poor design. Toyota is replacing this with a better part, but I do not think Dodge did that, and I had to pay to get this replaced. I am concerned it could happen again, and believe there should be a recall by Dodge also.

- Gulfport, MS, USA

Sep 072013

Caliber 4-cyl

I was involved in a collision, my front into a rear quarter panel. My car was a total per the insurance company yet my airbags never deployed. I only suffered minor injuries to my head, shoulder and neck, but had my airbags worked, I believe my injuries would have been a lesser degree.

- Roseville, MI, USA

Dec 152010

Had to replace alternator and my airbag light continually comes on. My sister has the same problem with her Dodge and hers is a different model..

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Jun 152011

Caliber 4-cyl

My wife was in an accident today in her 2007 Dodge Caliber SXT. She was traveling about 35mph and another vehicle slid across the road in front of her and she hit the side of that truck with the front of her car. It done a significant amount of damage. It busted the front clip off the car and you could see the metal bumper behind the front clip which was severely bent toward the engine and did bust the radiator but no air bag deployment happened. She did recipe some bruising on her neck and shoulder from the seatbelt.

- Whitesburg, TN, USA