- November 14: FCA Settles With California Over Alleged Emissions Violations news | 23 days ago
- November 3: Chrysler Reports 3 More Deaths From Exploding Airbags recalls | 34 days ago
- November 2: Dodge Challenger, Dodge Charger and Chrysler 300 Recalled recalls | 35 days ago
- October 18: Dodge Dart Clutch Class Action Lawsuit Settlement Reached news | 50 days ago
- October 17: Chrysler Airbag Lawsuit Filed Over ARC Inflators news | 51 days ago
NHTSA — Power Train Problems
2013 Dodge Dart (Page 1 of 27)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The first year of the new Dodge Dart had a rough start, with owners reporting a disproportionate number of engine and transmission problems.
For transmission, the main complaints are transmission failure & rough shifting. So far, average mileage for transmission failure is 25,000 miles. Not good.
For engine problems, it usually starts with the engine light coming on for any number of reasons: bad sensors, ignition coil replacement, bad wiring, faulty gas cap ... dealers are replacing various components with varying degrees of success, or telling owners they can't duplicate the issue.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 15 / 4
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 5 / 2
- Average Mileage:
- 45,334 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.