ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

CarComplaints.com Notes: The first year of the new Dodge Dart had a rough start, with owners reporting a disproportionate number of engine and transmission problems.

For transmission, the main complaints are transmission failure & rough shifting. So far, average mileage for transmission failure is 25,000 miles. Not good.

For engine problems, it usually starts with the engine light coming on for any number of reasons: bad sensors, ignition coil replacement, bad wiring, faulty gas cap ... dealers are replacing various components with varying degrees of success, or telling owners they can't duplicate the issue.

8.0

2013 Dodge Dart steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Dodge Dart:

2013 Dodge Dart Owner Comments

Nov 102016

Dart Aero 1.4L T

My son was driving home last night and the steering went on the car and car he ended crashing car into telephone pole and totaling it. This car was bought to put him into something safe, obviously it was not a safe car and I wish we had done more research before buying it. The people that know these problems should be ashamed of their selves especial since these problems go back a few years, I do not know how they put their heads on their pillows at night considering somebody will die sooner or later from the design issue.

- Robert B., Cheshire, CT, USA

Oct 102016

Dart GT 2.4L I4

Alight i have a 2013 dodge dart GT 6-speed manual which i bought due to the fact of the automatic transmission issues i read about. at times it won't go into first and now the power steering went out. the traction control light is on and as well the check engine light, the odometer is flashing i have no cruise control where turning around curves it tries to center the wheel back straight making it terrible to drive this will be the last dodge i buy

- James S., Austell, GA, USA

Sep 162015

Dart Limited 2.0L

When the steering went out, so did the brakes. I was approaching an intersection and was unable to stop. I coasted until stopped.

Dealership is worthless. Can't help me unless I can leave my car for two weeks before they can even look at it, then an additional two weeks to fix the problem. NO LOANER!

Update from Dec 7, 2015: date was june 16, 2015 not Sept. 16, 2015.

I purchased this car new in Sept. 2013. I have had more issues with this car than all the cars I have ever owned put together.

- Donna B., Venus, TX, USA

Feb 162015

Dart

Every time the Abs breaks are triggered the computer turns off then reboots. This time the computer shut off and I got a warning to service power steering and had no steering for about half a minute.

- hellzbelle, St Catharines, ON, canada

Feb 142015

Dart SXT

So a few months back, my traction control kicked on and my power steering went out (middle of the summer). Lasted for two days. I got an oil change (I was due) and the problem went away. Until Valentine's Day. Two days ago I turned my car on and I had no power steering. I'm not sure if it's because it has been literally freezing outside the past few days (ranging between 5 and -12 degrees). I'm going to give it a few days and see what happens. This is definitely an issue, however.

This morning, my traction control turned on along with not having power steering.

- ggiusto, Cumberland, MD, USA