- April 13: Chrysler and Dodge Lawsuit Claims Valve Stems Break news | 10 days ago
- March 4: Dodge Dart Clutch Issues at Heart of Lawsuit news | 50 days ago
- March 2: Chrysler TPMS Valve Stem Lawsuit Continues in Delaware news | 52 days ago
- February 14: Jeep Wranglers and Dodge Grand Caravans May Roll Away recalls | 68 days ago
Dodge Recall S10: Powertrain Control Module Missing Backup Software
2015 Dodge Dart
Without a backup layer of software, the control module may fail to prevent an un-commanded torque event, increasing the risk of a crash.
Electrical System — Software
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain model year 2016 Dodge Dart vehicles manufactured July 25, 2015, to December 16, 2015 and equipped with a 2.0L engine and a manual transmission. Additionally included are certain 2015 Dodge Dart vehicles similarly equipped and brought in for dealer service between September 15, 2015 and January 12, 2016. In the affected vehicles, the powertrain control module that monitors the engine torque output may be missing a backup layer of software.
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will update the Engine Control Module software, free of charge. The recall began on March 25, 2016. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is S10.
- Documents (18)
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall 573 Report
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - March 2016
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-2
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Dealer Recall Communication Guide 2016
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Safety Recall Communication Guide 2016
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- Dealer Recall Communication Guide 2016
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) Recall Communication Guide 2016
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-4
Click a tab for more information.