- July 14: Chrysler Recalls 2018 Dodge Journeys and Ram Trucks recalls | 6 days ago
- June 20: Dodge Dart Clutch Class-Action Lawsuit a No-Go news | 30 days ago
- May 25: Chrysler Recalls Nearly 5 Million Vehicles For Cruise Control Problems recalls | 56 days ago
- May 23: Driveshafts Could Detach in Dodge Charger Pursuit Police Cars recalls | 58 days ago
- May 22: Transmission Park Lock Rods Cause FCA Recall recalls | 59 days ago
Dodge Recall S10: Powertrain Control Module Missing Backup Software
2015 Dodge Dart
Without a backup layer of software, the control module may fail to prevent an un-commanded torque event, increasing the risk of a crash.
Electrical System — Software
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain model year 2016 Dodge Dart vehicles manufactured July 25, 2015, to December 16, 2015 and equipped with a 2.0L engine and a manual transmission. Additionally included are certain 2015 Dodge Dart vehicles similarly equipped and brought in for dealer service between September 15, 2015 and January 12, 2016. In the affected vehicles, the powertrain control module that monitors the engine torque output may be missing a backup layer of software.
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will update the Engine Control Module software, free of charge. The recall began on March 25, 2016. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is S10.
- Documents (18)
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall 573 Report
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - March 2016
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-2
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Dealer Recall Communication Guide 2016
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Safety Recall Communication Guide 2016
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- Dealer Recall Communication Guide 2016
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) Recall Communication Guide 2016
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-4
Click a tab for more information.