- April 13: Chrysler and Dodge Lawsuit Claims Valve Stems Break news | 11 days ago
- March 4: Dodge Dart Clutch Issues at Heart of Lawsuit news | 51 days ago
- March 2: Chrysler TPMS Valve Stem Lawsuit Continues in Delaware news | 53 days ago
- February 14: Jeep Wranglers and Dodge Grand Caravans May Roll Away recalls | 69 days ago
Dodge Recall : Daimlerchrysler/Fuel Tank Attaching Straps
1999 Dodge Durango
Fuel leakage, in the presence of an ignition source, could result in a fire.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Storage — Tank Assembly — Mounting
- Vehicle description: Sport utility vehicles. The fuel tank strap can separate due to fatigue during operation. If this occurs, the tank will be unsupported, increasing the risk of a fuel leak.
- Dealers will replace the double toggle lock fuel tank straps with single toggle lock design. Note: Affected vehicles built through May 21, 1998, also require the rear brake tube inspection/repair. As a result, the fuel tank strap and brake tube repair will be performed on these vheicles in a single service procedure under recall 99V-341/DaimlerChrysler #841. Affected vehicles built from May 22, 1998 through September 25, 1999, only require the fuel tank strap repair, which will be performed under recall 99V-342/DaimlerChrysler #842.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.