2015 Dodge Durango lights problems: water leaking into light

Water Leaking Into Light

6.8

2. removed bolt to drain water (1 reports)
  3. replace taillight (1 reports)
2015 Dodge Durango lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Dodge Durango:

2015 Dodge Durango Owner Comments

Apr 012019

Durango Limited 3.6L

Started getting water into the tail lamp across the back deck lid. Now one of the LED's is out and according to what I've read, the LED's are not replaceable. This is utter BS as it costs $1,200.00 to replace this entire lamp! I don't understand why this isn't at least a TSB from FCA as I can see thousands of people complaining about it across all forums.

- Eric N., Lake Geneva, WI, US

Nov 232018

Durango

Water leaking into left rear racer light on my 2015 Dodge Durango. Watched several videos on YouTube (Boosted Bill) to see how to resolve. Remove bolt and lift the gate to allow water to drain. This relieves the symptom but does not fix the problem. Have LEDs out in the racer light and just waiting to get stopped by the police for having lights out in brake area. Having checked into the cost, I don't have $1500 to take it to the shop and the part is about $500-$600. Ebay has 1 for sale which is used and may have the same issue.

I believe this could be a safety issue and certainly an issue with the police. With so many complaints, I am not sure why Dodge won't bite the bullet and do a recall. Must someone die first?

- Ginger S., Middletown, US

Dec 122017

Durango Limited V6

As many others have reported, water seeps into the taillight trim and has shorted out a portion of my lights. Also, since I'm in MN, the water freezes and then a larger portion of the light doesn't work. So far it has continued to work. If I pull the screw on the side of the light housing, water drains out, but just refills.

- Sue J., St Peter, US

Dec 102018

Durango AWD V6

click to see larger images

water leaking into light

The center light on my 2015 Dodge Durango was blinking on & off back in December of 2018, when I first noticed. Now the light has completely went out and it will cost me more than $1500 to fix, upon further examination of the light it has EXCESSIVE amounts of water it in. I am more than positive this is the result of a manufacturer defect. This is beyond annoying at this point because an officer pulled me over for the defect. Although, I didn't get a ticket he did warn me the defect can confuse other motorists and potentially cause an accident. My truck is still relatively new so there's no feasible reason, this hasn't been recalled. There are too many people complaining about the exact issue.

- b miller, Indianapolis, US

Dec 262018

Durango Citidel V8 Hemi

The racetrack taillight on my 2015 Durango is not sealed properly. Moisture condenses in the right hand corner causing that section to not function. Had this replaced once at 20k miles under warranty but this time not covered. Looks terrible and could become a safety issue.

- Dieter S., New Kensington, US

Nov 012018

Durango

Water leaked into the racetrack taillight. LED lights burnt out.

- Jamie H., Bismarck, US

Nov 012017

Durango Limited

The middle taillight on the right side went out and I see moisture inside the racetrack light. This is a big problem for Durango’s and we need to report to NHTSA so it will get recalled. There’s clearly water getting into that area and shorting our the light. I filed a complaint with Dodge and NHTSA so if you had that problem please call and report it. Even if you got it fixed already they will reimburse you. But it’s very important to report it because they need to figure out the bigger issue besides just replacing the light. Because it’s going to happen again, if water keeps getting inside it. It’s ridiculous we spend all this money and they won’t even fix this widespread issue! It makes the truck look bad and also it’s a safety hazard because it’s a brake light so we can cause an accident with out if working properly!! Let’s get this recalled! It doesn’t take much time to report it. NHTSA (888) 327-4236

- Sarah S., Round Lake, IL, US

Mar 142018

Durango Limited

Water is leaking into light on hatch. Please fix this problem so it doesn't happen again.

- Kyle C., Liberty, US