- October 2: FCA Gear Shift Litigation: Jury Sides With Chrysler news | 3 days ago
- October 1: Chrysler Oil Consumption Lawsuit Settlement news | 4 days ago
- September 11: Dodge Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed Over Chargers and Challengers news | 24 days ago
- August 3: Chrysler Minivan Sliding Door Problems Being Addressed investigations | 63 days ago
- August 2: Chrysler Camshaft and Crankshaft Sensor Recall Investigated investigations | 64 days ago
1999 Dodge Intrepid
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Dodge Intrepid, Stratus & other Chrysler sedans are infamous for oil sludge problems with the 2.7L V6 engine. If someone offers to sell you a 2.7L V6 model, it's only worth the price of the scrap metal it's going to shortly turn into.
NOTE: Only the 2.7L V6 has the oil sludge problem. Our "Avoid like the Plague" designation is ONLY for models with the 2.7L V6 engine. All other available engines are very reliable with no major problems.
Even with regular maintenance, the oil sludge defect eventually destroys the 2.7L engine typically around 80,000-100,000 miles. The only true fix we know about is to put in the larger 3.2L engine, which has a great reputation.
This issue was never deemed a safety defect by the Feds, so there was no recall. In the end, Chrysler got away with FOUR YEARS worth of defective 2.7L V6 engines in their sedans.
1999 Dodge Intrepid Transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Transmission Sensor Failed8
- Shifting Roughly3
- Won't Shift Into Gear3
- Won't Shift Out Of First Gear3
- Reverse Gear Doesn't Work1
- Tranny Slips1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission67
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Lever And Linkage: Floor ...4
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control Module (Tcm, ...3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Cooling Unit And ...3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Gear Position Indication ...3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Park/Neutral Start Interlock ...2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Torque Converter2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Lever And Linkage: Column ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Dodge Intrepid Model Years
Curious how the 1999 Intrepid compares to other years?
Check out our Dodge Intrepid overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Intrepid.