- January 13: Chrysler Tire Valve Stem Class-Action Lawsuit Partially Dismissed news | 10 days ago
- January 10: FCA Recalls 1.6 Million Vehicles For Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 13 days ago
- November 14: 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Clock Spring Recall May Be Needed news | 70 days ago
Dodge Recall 966: Daimlerchrysler/Suspension
2001 Dodge Ram Van 3500
The soft joint could cause the rear axle U-bolts to lose clamp load, resulting in displacement of the rear axle and a loss of vehicle control. This could increase the risk of a crash.
Suspension — Rear
- Vehicle description: Quad cab pickup trucks equipped with a camper package and overload springs. The rear axle spacer plate could lead to deformation of the upper spring plate during assembly of the axle to the vehicle resulting a soft joint.
- Dealers will remove the spacer plates and the spring plates will be replaced. Owner notification began February 5, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact DaimlerChrysler at 1-800-853-1403.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.