- January 11: Dodge Demon Class Action Lawsuit: Motion to Dismiss news | 4 days ago
- December 14: Chrysler Headrest Lawsuit Certified as a Class Action news | 32 days ago
- December 13: Chrysler Lifetime Warranty Lawsuit Dismissal Requested news | 33 days ago
- December 13: Dodge Demon Hood Scoop Lawsuit Says Hoods Warp news | 33 days ago
Dodge Preliminary Evaluation PE04066: TIRE VALVE FAILURE
2004 Dodge Sprinter
TIRE VALVE FAILURE
- ODI opened PE04-066 to investigate five complaints alleging tire valve failure in MY 2003-04 subject vehicles.some of the complaints alleged multiple tire valve failures for a single vehicle.on December 16, 2004, DaimlerChrysler manufacturing international (dcmi) notified NHTSA of a safety defect in approximately 23,000 MY 2002-05 Sprinter 2500 vehicles equipped with TR-600 tire valves produced by alligator ventilfabrick gmbh (recall 04V-600).the notification identified the chemical specification of the rubber components and an unstable supplier production process, which resulted in inadequate mixing of the rubber components, as the factors contributing to this defect.as a result of these factors, cracks can develop within the rubber part or between the metal and the rubber parts of the valve stem, which can lead to a loss of air pressure at the valve stem and may pose a risk to motor vehicle safety.although the TR-600 tire valve is used only on the 2500 series subject vehicles with 16 inch tires, dcmi will conduct a safety recall for all Sprinter 2500 vehicles sold in the U.S. to replace the current tire valves with a TR-600 valve, which uses a single rubber component for the valves.all 24 complaints and all 43 warranty claims identified in this investigation involved MY 2002-04 Sprinter 2500 vehicles, which comprise approximately 84 percent of the subject vehicle population.
- Documents (3)
Click a tab for more information.