- August 23: Chrysler Recalls 16 Models With Faulty Powertrain Control Modules recalls | 26 days ago
- August 23: Chrysler Recalls Minivans and SUVs For Brake Problems recalls | 26 days ago
- August 1: No Nationwide Class-Action for Chrysler Hacking Lawsuit news | 48 days ago
- July 29: Mopar Stage 1 PCM Recall Includes Chrysler and Dodge Cars recalls | 51 days ago
- July 14: Chrysler Recalls 2018 Dodge Journeys and Ram Trucks recalls | 66 days ago
Dodge Recall : FMVSS 403/Anti-Stow Interlock/Ricon
2005 Dodge Sprinter
A lift occupant can be injured should the lift begin to stow unintentionally.
- Sunset vans is recalling 169 MY 2005-2007 econoline, G series and Sprinter trucks built on Dodge, Ford and Chevrolet chassis and equipped with ricon platform style wheelchair lifts. These lifts fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 403, "platform lift system accessible for motor vehicles." The anti-stow interlock may not detect the presence of a wheelchair or mobility aid user. The pressure sensing switch that detects the presence of weight on the platform was not adjusted to the necessary sensitivity level. The lift could stow even though someone or something is still on the lift.
- Sunset vans is working with ricon to correct the wheelchair lifts free of charge (please see 07E097). Owners may contact ricon at 1-818-267-3000 or sunset vans at 1-888-280-8267.
- Documents (3)
Click a tab for more information.