- April 13: Chrysler and Dodge Lawsuit Claims Valve Stems Break news | 6 days ago
- March 4: Dodge Dart Clutch Issues at Heart of Lawsuit news | 46 days ago
- March 2: Chrysler TPMS Valve Stem Lawsuit Continues in Delaware news | 48 days ago
- February 14: Jeep Wranglers and Dodge Grand Caravans May Roll Away recalls | 64 days ago
Dodge Recall : FMVSS 403/Anti-Stow Interlock/Ricon
2006 Dodge Sprinter
A lift occupant can be injured should the lift begin to stow unintentionally.
- Sunset vans is recalling 169 MY 2005-2007 econoline, G series and Sprinter trucks built on Dodge, Ford and Chevrolet chassis and equipped with ricon platform style wheelchair lifts. These lifts fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 403, "platform lift system accessible for motor vehicles." The anti-stow interlock may not detect the presence of a wheelchair or mobility aid user. The pressure sensing switch that detects the presence of weight on the platform was not adjusted to the necessary sensitivity level. The lift could stow even though someone or something is still on the lift.
- Sunset vans is working with ricon to correct the wheelchair lifts free of charge (please see 07E097). Owners may contact ricon at 1-818-267-3000 or sunset vans at 1-888-280-8267.
- Documents (3)
Click a tab for more information.