- July 14: Chrysler Recalls 2018 Dodge Journeys and Ram Trucks recalls | 1 days ago
- June 20: Dodge Dart Clutch Class-Action Lawsuit a No-Go news | 25 days ago
- May 25: Chrysler Recalls Nearly 5 Million Vehicles For Cruise Control Problems recalls | 51 days ago
- May 23: Driveshafts Could Detach in Dodge Charger Pursuit Police Cars recalls | 53 days ago
- May 22: Transmission Park Lock Rods Cause FCA Recall recalls | 54 days ago
Dodge Recall : Chrysler/Ignition Key Shift Interlock
1998 Dodge Stratus
If this happens, the "ignition-park" interlock system will be nonfunctional.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission — Park/Neutral Start Switch
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles equipped with automatic transmissions. The adjustment of the cable connecting the console shifter mechanism to the ignition key can cause a trapped key condition which can result in a low force required to depress the shift button. A combination of applying a mis-adjusted release button with a low force attempt to shift out of park with the key in the locked position, can break the connecting pin in the shifter.
- Dealers will inspect for proper operation of the system. Any vehicles that are not functional after the inspection will have the shift mechanism and cable replaced with a "self-adjusting" design.
Click a tab for more information.