- April 13: Chrysler and Dodge Lawsuit Claims Valve Stems Break news | 9 days ago
- March 4: Dodge Dart Clutch Issues at Heart of Lawsuit news | 49 days ago
- March 2: Chrysler TPMS Valve Stem Lawsuit Continues in Delaware news | 51 days ago
- February 14: Jeep Wranglers and Dodge Grand Caravans May Roll Away recalls | 67 days ago
Dodge Recall : Chrysler/Ignition Key Shift Interlock
1998 Dodge Stratus
If this happens, the "ignition-park" interlock system will be nonfunctional.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission — Park/Neutral Start Switch
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles equipped with automatic transmissions. The adjustment of the cable connecting the console shifter mechanism to the ignition key can cause a trapped key condition which can result in a low force required to depress the shift button. A combination of applying a mis-adjusted release button with a low force attempt to shift out of park with the key in the locked position, can break the connecting pin in the shifter.
- Dealers will inspect for proper operation of the system. Any vehicles that are not functional after the inspection will have the shift mechanism and cable replaced with a "self-adjusting" design.
Click a tab for more information.