- December 8: Ford Focus Clutch Recall Expanded Over Pressure Plates recalls | 11 days ago
- November 25: Ford 6.7L CP4 Fuel Pump Failures Cause Lawsuit news | 24 days ago
- November 19: Ford Bubbling Paint Warranty Is a 'Sham,' Says Lawsuit news | 30 days ago
- November 17: Ford Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators Recalled Due to Seat Issues recalls | 32 days ago
- November 17: Lincoln Nautilus Recall Ordered Over Airbag Modules recalls | 32 days ago
Ford Recall 99S06: Ford/FMVSS 114
1999 Ford Contour
This could result in a crash and possible personal injury.
Electrical System — Ignition — Switch
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles built with automatic transmissions which utilize a park/lock solenoid. It is possible to rotate the ignition key to the lock position and remove the key without the shift lever and transmission being in park. These vehicles do not comply with the requirements of FMVSS no. 114, "theft protection."
- Dealers will inspect these vehicles. Vehicles that have units with ignition keys removable in gear positions other than park, will have the steering column replaced.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.