- July 5: Ford 6.7 Diesel Lawsuit Claims Emissions Systems Illegal news | 11 days ago
- July 4: Ford Explorer Exhaust Leak Recall Needed: Safety Group news | 12 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 21 days ago
- June 20: NHTSA Denies Petition to Investigate Ford and Mercury SUVs investigations | 26 days ago
- June 13: Ford Recalls 27 Edge, Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Vehicles recalls | 33 days ago
Ford Recall 99S06: Ford/FMVSS 114
1999 Ford Contour
This could result in a crash and possible personal injury.
Electrical System — Ignition — Switch
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles built with automatic transmissions which utilize a park/lock solenoid. It is possible to rotate the ignition key to the lock position and remove the key without the shift lever and transmission being in park. These vehicles do not comply with the requirements of FMVSS no. 114, "theft protection."
- Dealers will inspect these vehicles. Vehicles that have units with ignition keys removable in gear positions other than park, will have the steering column replaced.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.