- July 1: Ford Recalls F-250, F-350 and F-550 Diesel Trucks recalls | 9 days ago
- July 1: Ford Expeditions and Lincoln Navigators Recalled recalls | 9 days ago
- June 11: Ford F-150 Master Cylinder Recall Issued After Crashes recalls | 29 days ago
- June 10: Ford Door Latch Recall Says Pawl Spring Tabs Crack recalls | 30 days ago
- June 4: Ford Mustang Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 36 days ago
Ford Recall 01S14: Ford/Fuel Tank Cracks
2001 Ford E-150
Fuel leakage in the presence of an ignition source could result in a fire.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Storage — Tank Assembly
- Vehicle description: On certain vans with ambulance prep packages or other severe-duty applications involving operation at or near the gross vehicle weight with frequent twisting of the vehicle body, such as off-road, rough road or speed bump events, the 35 gallon mid-ship fuel tank could develop a crack where it contacts the frame cross member. If the fuel tank cracks, fuel leakage could occur.
- Dealers will inspect the fuel tank and, if cracked, will replace the tank. Insulator pads will be installed on all vehicles to reduce the stress levels in the fuel tank. Owner notification began April 19, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Ford at 1-800-392-3673.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.