- October 16: Ford F-250 and F-350 Tailgates Opening Without Warning investigations | 4 days ago
- October 12: Ford F-150 Brake Pedals Go to the Floors: Lawsuit news | 8 days ago
- October 10: Ford GT Recall Issued After Car Catches Fire recalls | 10 days ago
- October 10: Ford Fiesta and Focus Owners in Thailand Win PowerShift Case news | 10 days ago
- October 7: Ford Water Pump Class-Action Lawsuit Says Engines Fail news | 13 days ago
Ford Recall : Wheelchair Lift Anti-Stow Interlock
2006 Ford E-150
The user of the lift could be injured should the lift move unintentionally.
- West Texas rehabiliation center is recalling 1 MY 2005 Chevrolet G3500 van and 1 MY 2006 Ford E-150 van equipped with ricon platform style wheelchair lifts. These vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 403, "platform lift installations in motor vehicles." The anti-stow interlock may not detect the presence of a wheelchair or mobility aid user. The pressure sensing switch that detects the presence of weight on the platform was not adjusted to the necessary sensitivity level. The lift could stow even though someone or something is still on the lift.
- West Texas is working with ricon to correct the wheelchair lifts free of charge (please see 07E097). Owners may contact ricon at 1-818-267-3000 or West Texas at 1-325-793-3546.
- Documents (3)
Click a tab for more information.