- August 8: Ford F-150 Doors Won't Latch Closed in the Cold: Lawsuit news | 11 days ago
- August 7: 1.4 Million Ford F-150 Trucks Investigated for B-Pillar Fires investigations | 12 days ago
- August 6: Ford Emissions Lawsuit Says Power Stroke Engines Illegal news | 13 days ago
- July 24: Ford Shelby GT350 Lawsuit Gains Traction in Florida news | 26 days ago
- July 23: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Concerns Heard in Court news | 27 days ago
Ford Recall : Wheelchair Lift Anti-Stow Interlock
2006 Ford E-150
The user of the lift could be injured should the lift move unintentionally.
- West Texas rehabiliation center is recalling 1 MY 2005 Chevrolet G3500 van and 1 MY 2006 Ford E-150 van equipped with ricon platform style wheelchair lifts. These vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 403, "platform lift installations in motor vehicles." The anti-stow interlock may not detect the presence of a wheelchair or mobility aid user. The pressure sensing switch that detects the presence of weight on the platform was not adjusted to the necessary sensitivity level. The lift could stow even though someone or something is still on the lift.
- West Texas is working with ricon to correct the wheelchair lifts free of charge (please see 07E097). Owners may contact ricon at 1-818-267-3000 or West Texas at 1-325-793-3546.
- Documents (3)
Click a tab for more information.