- August 8: Ford F-150 Doors Won't Latch Closed in the Cold: Lawsuit news | 6 days ago
- August 7: 1.4 Million Ford F-150 Trucks Investigated for B-Pillar Fires investigations | 7 days ago
- August 6: Ford Emissions Lawsuit Says Power Stroke Engines Illegal news | 8 days ago
- July 24: Ford Shelby GT350 Lawsuit Gains Traction in Florida news | 21 days ago
- July 23: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Concerns Heard in Court news | 22 days ago
Ford Recall : FMVSS 403/Anti-Stow Interlock/Ricon
2007 Ford E-150
A lift occupant can be injured should the lift begin to stow unintentionally.
- Van conversions is recalling 52 MY 2004-2007 Ford E-150, E-250 E-350 and MY 2006 GM savanna 3500 vans built on Ford and GM chassis and equipped with ricon platform style wheelchair lifts. These lifts fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 403, "platform lift system accessible for motor vehicles, " the anti-stow interlock may not detect the presence of a wheelchair or mobility aid user. The pressure sensing switch that detects the presence of weight on the platform was not adjusted to the necessary sensitivity level. The lift could stow even though someone or something is still on the lift.
- Van conversions is working with ricon to correct the wheelchair lifts free of charge (please see 07E097). Owners may contact ricon at 1-818-267-3000 or van conversions at 610-837-0707.
- Documents (3)
Click a tab for more information.