- November 9: Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Investigation Closed investigations | 4 days ago
- November 5: Ford Recalls Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Vehicles recalls | 8 days ago
- October 28: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Lawsuit Won't Be Dismissed news | 16 days ago
- October 24: Ford Focus Canister Purge Valve Recall Issued recalls | 20 days ago
- October 16: Ford F-250 and F-350 Tailgates Opening Without Warning investigations | 28 days ago
Ford Recall : Wheelchair Lifts/Up Button
2009 Ford E-150
When the platform overruns the vehicle floor level and stops at an angle from 15-20 degrees, it is possible for a person in a wheelchair to tip over and for someone standing on the platform to fall, possibly resulting in injuries.
- Mobility works is recalling certain model year 2008 and 2009 conversion vans built on Ford E150, E250, and E350 chassis and Chevrolet 2500 chassis after November 2007 and fitted with certain ricon S series and K series L-model wheelchair lifts. Due to a problem in the software that controls the lift's "up" function, should the "up" button be released before the floor level limit switch is activated, the lift may continue its upward travel and may overrun the floor level cut off point.
- Mobility works will notify owners and the repairs will be performed by authorized ricon dealers free of charge. A software solution for this safety defect is under investigation. Until the software solution is available, ricon will provide owners with a bulletin outlining proper wheelchair lift operation and will ship owners a dvd-based training aid to promote proper lift operation at no cost. The safety recall began on August 20, 2010. Owners may contact ricon at 1-818-267-3000 or mobility works at 1-800-769-8267.
Click a tab for more information.