- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 4 days ago
- February 21: Ford Emissions Investigation Opened After Employees Speak Up investigations | 33 days ago
- February 19: Ford Fusion Energi Recall Ordered To Prevent Electrical Shocks recalls | 35 days ago
- February 17: 1998 Ford Explorer Rollover Crash Will Cost Ford $152 Million news | 37 days ago
- February 14: Recall: Ford Mustang, Lincoln Nautilus and Lincoln Navigator recalls | 40 days ago
Ford Recall 16E-020: Wheel Chair Lift Platform Cracking/Big Pivot Holes
2014 Ford E-150
If the platform side plates crack or the platform mounting fails from out-of-position bearings, the lift platform can separate from the lift and come to rest against the vehicle's lift door. When the vehicle's doors are opened, the platform may fall onto the lift operator, increasing their risk of injury.
- Mobility Works (WMK Inc.) is recalling certain model year 2014-2015 Ford E-150, E-250, E-350, and Chevrolet Express 2500 vans manufactured January 1, 2014, to December 31, 2015, and equipped with certain model S2005, S2010, S5005, S5010, S5505, and S5510 wheelchair lifts by Ricon. The platform side plate of the affected wheelchair lifts may crack. Additionally, the lifts are equipped with folding link arms that may have pivot holes that are too big, allowing the bearings to move out of position.
- Mobility Works will notify owners, and Ricon dealers will inspect the link arms for damage or for displaced bearings. The platform will be inspected for cracks. Any damaged parts will be replaced, free of charge. The recall began on June 17, 2016. Owners may contact Mobility Works customer service at 1-800-769-8267. Mobility Works' number for this recall is 16E-020.
Click a tab for more information.