- April 22: Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan Soft Brake Pedals Investigated investigations | 3 days ago
- April 7: 'Vehicle Services Department' of Plano, Texas, Sued by Minnesota news | 18 days ago
- April 6: Rollaway Danger: Ford F-150, F-650, F-750 and Ford Expedition recalls | 19 days ago
- April 6: Cop Sues Ford Over Alleged Carbon Monoxide Poisoning news | 19 days ago
- April 4: Lawsuit Alleges Weak Ford F-250 Roof Killed Georgia Couple news | 21 days ago
Ford Recall : Wheelchair Lift Anti-Stow Interlock
2004 Ford E-250
The user of the lift could be injured should the lift move unintentionally.
- Handicapped driver services is recalling 3 model year 2004 and 2005 Ford E-250 transit buses built on Ford chassis and equipped with ricon platform style wheelchair lifts. These vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 404, "platform lift installations in motor vehicles." The anti-stow interlock may not detect the presence of a wheelchair or mobility aid user. The pressure sensing switch that detects the presence of weight on the platform was not adjusted to the necessary sensitivity level. The lift could stow even though someone or something is still on the lift.
- Handicapped driver services is working with ricon to correct the wheelchair lifts free of charge (please see 07E097). Owners may contact ricon at 1-818-267-3000 or handicapped driver services at 1-770-422-9674.
Click a tab for more information.