- July 15: Ford Allegedly Knew About Defective Fiesta and Focus Transmissions news | 0 days ago
- July 12: Ford Recalls Ranger SuperCab Trucks For Faulty Seat Belts recalls | 3 days ago
- July 9: Ford Focus Canister Purge Valve Recall, Take 2 recalls | 6 days ago
- June 25: Ford Recalls Econolines That May Suddenly Lose Propulsion recalls | 20 days ago
- June 13: Ford Recalls F-150 Trucks That Received Faulty Recall Repairs recalls | 32 days ago
Ford Recall : FMVSS 403/Anti-Stow Interlock/Ricon
2006 Ford E-250
A lift occupant can be injured should the lift begin to stow unintentionally.
- Freewheel mobility is recalling 4 MY 2005 Ford E-350 and MY 2006 Ford E-250 passenger vans and equipped with ricon platform style wheelchair lifts. These lifts fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 403, "platform lift system accessible for motor vehicles." The anti-stow interlock may not detect the presence of a wheelchair or mobility aid user. The pressure sensing switch that detects the presence of weight on the platform was not adjusted to the necessary sensitivity level. The lift could stow even though someone or something is still on the lift.
- Freewheel mobility is working with ricon to correct the wheelchair lifts free of charge (please see 07E097). Owners may contact ricon at 1-818-267-3000.
- Documents (3)
Click a tab for more information.