- January 19: 2019 Lincoln Nautilus Recall Issued For 2,700 SUVs recalls | 3 days ago
- January 6: Ford Swollen Lug Nuts Lawsuit Dismissed news | 16 days ago
- January 4: Ford Expands Takata Airbag Recalls by 953,000 Vehicles recalls | 18 days ago
- January 4: Ford EcoSport Recall Issued For 2019 Models recalls | 18 days ago
- December 30: Ford F-150 Transmission Lawsuit Says Reverse Doesn't Work news | 23 days ago
Ford Recall : Wheelchair Lifts/Interlock Belt
2009 Ford E-250
The user of the lift could be injured should the lift move without the restraint belt properly buckled.
- Mobility transportation (mts) is recalling certain model year 2007 through 2009 conversion vans built on Ford E150, E250, and E350 chassis from September 16, 2008 through April 15, 2009 and fitted with ricon public use lifts. The restraint belt on these lifts was designed to prevent the lift from moving, unless the tongue of the belt is fully engaged and latched in the buckle. Ricon has discovered, however, that it is possible for the operator to insert the belt tongue into the buckle without fully engaging the latching mechanism. In this case, the restraint belt would appear to be latched, and the operator could run the lift. If the restraint belt tongue is not fully engaged into the restraint belt buckle, and latched, the lift may operate with an occupant on the platform.
- Mts is working with ricon and ricon will be performing the remedy for this campaign. Please see ricon's defect report 09E-060. Ricon will provide customers with a warning decal and a dvd-based training aid. The safety recall began on October 18, 2010. Owners may contact ricon at 1-818-267-3000 or mts at 1-734-453-6452.
- Documents (4)
Click a tab for more information.