- October 26: Ford Bronco Sport Moonroofs May Fly Away recalls | 2 days ago
- October 22: Ford Ranger SuperCabs Recalled For Seat Belt Issues recalls | 6 days ago
- October 8: Ford Recalls Ranger SuperCabs With Fixed Headrests recalls | 20 days ago
- October 7: Ford Bronco Recall Issued Over Airbag Failures recalls | 21 days ago
- October 2: Ford Fusion Transmission Problems Lead to Lawsuit news | 26 days ago
Ford TSB #SSM 47976
2014 Ford E-250
Affected Component: POWER TRAIN
- On vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission it is imperative that the converter pilot hub be greased with Motorcraft Multi-Purpose Grease Spray XL-5-A even if grease was not applied from the factory. Also verify that the engine/transmission alignment dowel pins are present as well as the engine crankshaft dowel pin, if equipped, when installing the transmission. Failure to adequately lubricate the converter hub greatly increases the likelihood of the flexplate cracking in the future. Missing dowels may cause a misalignment issue also resulting in a premature failure. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 307-01.
Click a tab for more information.