- July 18: Ford Recalls 550,000 Escapes and Fusions For Rollaway Dangers recalls | 1 days ago
- July 17: Ford Takata Class-Action Lawsuit Receives Preliminary Approval news | 2 days ago
- July 5: Ford 6.7 Diesel Lawsuit Claims Emissions Systems Illegal news | 14 days ago
- July 4: Ford Explorer Exhaust Leak Recall Needed: Safety Group news | 15 days ago
- June 25: SUV Crash Test Ratings For 2018 Models news | 24 days ago
Ford Recall : FMVSS 403/Anti-Stow Interlock/Ricon
1998 Ford E-350
A lift occupant can be injured should the lift begin to stow unintentionally.
- Oneness mobility is recalling 19 MY 1998, and 2005-2006 E-350 vans built on Ford chassis and equipped with ricon platform style wheelchair lifts. These lifts fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 403, "platform lift system accessible for motor vehicles." The anti-stow interlock may not detect the presence of a wheelchair or mobility aid user. The pressure sensing switch that detects the presence of weight on the platform was not adjusted to the necessary sensitivity level. The lift could stow even though someone or something is still on the lift.
- Oneness mobility is working with ricon to correct the wheelchair lifts free of charge (please see 07E097). Owners may contact ricon at 1-818-267-3000 or oneness mobility at 1-818-267-3000.
- Documents (8)
Click a tab for more information.